IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just installed an invidia down pipe and the car is a lot faster but at 3 grand to redline it sound like a pellet going ape shit in the exhaust and it is already throwing a cel light no reflashed ecu and i got the car in july please help any info greatly appreciated

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
are you sure you're detonating and its not just leakage or rattling... also have you had detonation before... what octane gas. Thanks and Im sure we can come up with something with a little more info.

Robert~

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am running 91 octane had slight det with stock downpipe and i checked to make sure i had no leeks I am going to check and see if it is intake noise since i took out the resonator i hope this is it but we will se i will keep you posted and any other suggestions are greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
pinging

If you had slight det stock why would you add mods? Especailly without getting the reflash done first? I would think modding something that is already detonating would cause it to do it even more.

·
Registered
243 Posts
It's probably not detonation, it's likely the wastegate you're hearing opening up. It takes a while to get used to the sound.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I just have to vent...

SILVERABQSTi said:
I have just installed an invidia down pipe and the car is a lot faster but at 3 grand to redline it sound like a pellet going ape **** in the exhaust and it is already throwing a cel light no reflashed ecu and i got the car in july please help any info greatly appreciated
Do you have a boost gauge? If you are boosting more than stock on the VF39, the intake air charge temp is going to rise. Higher temps = higher chance of det. Just a guess.

-st

·
Registered
373 Posts
Disconnect the battry for 30 minutes. Then make some runs. I had the same proublem. I have a Helix DP and my car did the same thing. After the battery disconnect it did it two more times and it went away. :p

·
Registered
212 Posts
Let us know how the new clutch works out.

Are you sure you are not confusing "detonation" with "fuel cut"...due to boost creep??

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Re: effects after the ground mod

MKIVSupra said:
If you had slight det stock why would you add mods? Especailly without getting the reflash done first? I would think modding something that is already detonating would cause it to do it even more.
ya thats exactly why i asked... if you have problems and start to mod, you will probably get MORE problems (unless the mod is designed to cure it - engine management and such).

Disconnect the battry for 30 minutes. Then make some runs. I had the same proublem. I have a Helix DP and my car did the same thing. After the battery disconnect it did it two more times and it went away.
thats a good idea too , as the Ecu will learn how to fix the problem in some cases (if it ends up being detonation).

Robert~

1 - 9 of 9 Posts