IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I installed my WRX Invidia downpipe on the STi, had to remove the transmission bracket because it wouldnt like up. Stripped one turbo stud, otherwise it was a smooth install.

Now, after 45mins of hard driving I got the CEL and the cruie light is blinking. Any ideas?? (I did intall the WRX CEL resistor mod)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Check your vacuum lines, I think that is what is causing your blinking CEL.

I have the same downpipe, but I re-welded the bracket so that it lines up.

I've read that the resistor mod wont work on any 2004 Imprezas.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I scanned the ECU and it had the P0139 code. O2 Sensor CKT Slow response (Bank 1 sensor 2)

Cleared the code and it came right back. I will look at the vacuum lines to be sure as well. Maybe I'll pull hte resistor out and see if that helps.

How do youlike the car with the DP??? I am not wild about the extra turbo and BOV noise I am getting with the airinx intake, but the extra power from the two mods sure is nice :D

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I finally pulled out the resistor mod and the CEl went away.

for a while. Its back now. I am going to put the stock air box back in to see if it is the intake causing ig. will update maybe tomorrow.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The rise of EVOKLR ;-)

Xman said:
OK, I finally pulled out the resistor mod and the CEl went away.

for a while. Its back now. I am going to put the stock air box back in to see if it is the intake causing ig. will update maybe tomorrow.
So???? What is going on w/ it now?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CEl and blinking cruise light are now my constant driving companions. :(

I'm going to like the full 3" high flow system a friend of mine is fabricating :D

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
another update. I think the ECU has "learned" the catless system because the CEL is now out with no ECU resets. We'll see how long it stays out.

I

·
0 Posts
I have a cel fix i made, its being tested right now i have over 150 miles and no lights. Also threw one on an 03 wrx so i can see how it works there also, both cars are running Turboxs . My STi is catless and the Wrx isnt. I will keep you posted to how it works. PM me if you have any Questions

Kenny

·
Registered
357 Posts
It will work better but will not solve thr problem completely. I have to use a special adaptor to solve the issue on my Godspeed downpipes. Works fine on the STi.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Where does this wire go?

So...what did the fix for P0139 end up being? Mine just started flashing that one, even though I've had the Godspeed downpipe and XXTuning header-uppipe kit on for quite some time now.

RN

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just do the mechanical fix.

Get the "Help" brand spark plug anti fowlers (part no 42009). Drill one out with a 1/2" bit and screw them together. Search nasioc or this site for the fix. No need to weld stuff.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts