IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My insurance bill: ~175 per month
My Dad's insurance bill: ~80 per month

Both of us are insuring the same car, except his is Silver. I am 24, no tickets, no accidents, no claims EVER. I have credit good enough that I got the 4.9% APR Subaru Finance was offering at time of STi launch.

My dad is ~45 to 55 ish (not going to tell his real age, he sees it and I am dead!!). No tickets (last ten years), one small claim (last year), and great credit (runs in the family).

Guess who's insurance rate went up this month? MINE! :evil: :evil: I can't figure out why, it's a bunch of bull. First off, I already feel like I am getting screwed, and then to recieve an increase.

I asked my Dad if his increased- Nope. Same agent, same coverage, samn damn car, DAMN! :evil: :cry:

Maybe my rates will go down when I turn 25, I sure hope so- because this has me worked up! :evil:

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
You rates SHOULD go down when you turn 25, JJ. Mine did . . . a lot.

I get cracked-on a lot by my younger friends for my age. But sometimes, being 32 has its advantages. ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
It will go down when you hit 25. I'm 29 with clean record and paying a little under $600.00 per year with a $500.00 deductable. Shop around. There may be a better rate out there for you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Don't forget, being married affects your insurance a lot also. If you dad is married then his will be lower. My insurance went down quite a bit when I got married, and I was younger then 25. In fact, it went down more because I got married then it did when I turned 25.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Patients my friend, your insurance will go down eventually. I didn't see any significant changes until I was 26, and that's because I have multiple cars discount as well as homeowners discount.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
JJ said:
My insurance bill: ~175 per month
My Dad's insurance bill: ~80 per month

Both of us are insuring the same car, except his is Silver. I am 24, no tickets, no accidents, no claims EVER. I have credit good enough that I got the 4.9% APR Subaru Finance was offering at time of STi launch.

My dad is ~45 to 55 ish (not going to tell his real age, he sees it and I am dead!!). No tickets (last ten years), one small claim (last year), and great credit (runs in the family).

Guess who's insurance rate went up this month? MINE! :evil: :evil: I can't figure out why, it's a bunch of bull. First off, I already feel like I am getting screwed, and then to recieve an increase.

I asked my Dad if his increased- Nope. Same agent, same coverage, samn damn car, DAMN! :evil: :cry:

Maybe my rates will go down when I turn 25, I sure hope so- because this has me worked up! :evil:
That's crap, I would shop around as others have suggested. It will go down though when you turn 25. Who is the carrier? I have Amica and a worse record than you (although I'm 25) and my payment is just over $100 a month.

-st

·
Registered
241 Posts
Just so you know, the insurance companies go by this:

Odds of being in an accident:

25 yrs or older - 11%
21 yrs or younger - 31%

...ya see?

just wait until you're 25 :wink: Now me, on the other hand, I have a good 7 years until I'm 25 :(

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Indeed. . . this is also a reason why my girlfriend is building up her Legacy wagon instead of saving up for something that's already got power. On the outside (and to insurance) it'll be a legacy. Under the hood will be the heart and soul of a WRX. . . . an EJ20T. :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Cusco Coilovers or Springs and Konis/AGXs

heh, funny this should come up, when I went to change my policy they said the didnt even have a listing for an STi and they would call me back with a quote, I knew it was gonna hurt because of my record, but the call me back an hour later and drop the bomb...

$650 A MONTH!!!

I about sh*t the bed :eek:

We worked it out a bit and got it cut in about half, but what a punch in the nuts :cry:

T

·
0 Posts
WOW that's brutal! Even with 3 speeding tickets on my record I pay a tad over $1400 a year or about $117 a month.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What are some light weight 18" wheels for the STi?

Just picked up my new STi yesterday, and called my insurance company to change my policy. My last car, a 2000 BMW M Roadster, a pretty fast car in it's own right, cost me $430 per month. Geico told me today that it would be $619 per month for my new Sti.

Needless to say I weas peeved. I shopped around and got it for $333 through Progressive. Much better! By the way, I'm 20 years old with only one minor ticket on my record.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yukonart said:
You rates SHOULD go down when you turn 25, JJ. Mine did . . . a lot.

I get cracked-on a lot by my younger friends for my age. But sometimes, being 32 has its advantages. ;)
You are just a youngster. I have you by 10 years at 42 years old.

I can just see the reaction when the young kids 3 doors down from me see a Corvette and an STi parked in my driveway. It will simply be a question of which car they want to be beat by.

I have a fully insured 1994 Torch Red Corvette and only have to pay about $575 a year for insurance. Age can work in your favor.

·
Registered
452 Posts
turbs said:
WOW that's brutal! Even with 3 speeding tickets on my record I pay a tad over $1400 a year or about $117 a month.
Is that in CA$ or US$? If in CA$, I must say that is pretty darn good. Which insurance company are you with? Mind if I asked the age, too, while at it? 8)

At > 25, I am still paying close to CA$ 2500. / US$ 1875.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts