IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I will be selling my '98 Pathfinder soon. And I wanted to get something a little more sportier. When I heard about the 300 hp AWD WRX, I knew that this was the car for me. I know all the specs, yada yada yada. But I want to hear from STi drivers. What is yoru driving experience like? How is the shifting? How does the car feel?

Also, I would like to upgrade to audio/video system as well as security and maybe some car mods. I am fairly new in upgrading sports cars when it comes to mechanics. So I was wondering what are some good upgrades if you want your car to be faster? Better intake? exhaust? body kit?

Thanks for you time!

th3gh05t

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
The car feels like a rocket on wheels. Plenty of power throughout the rev range, stock or modded. Tons of control, very drivable. Stock tires are a little uncomfortable, but are awsome for track and such. Driving everyday is just better when you use the STi. Shifting is easy and never sticks much. I've had it do it ONCE , but thats out of 9000 miles and it was just for a second going into first. You can modify it like any car. Exhaust, Downpipe, intake, inlet hose, IC hoses, crank pulley, acc pulleys, ecu, etc etc etc. Body kits are available check out: vividracing.com / japanparts.com . What kind of STi are you looking for (color)? I might be able to haelp you out, depending on where you live. We have a black/gold coming into the local subaru dealership , never over msrp and sometimes even under. So just let mek now, hope this helps.

Robert~

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alternative brake pads

Thanks for your reply! I am currently in Santa Barbara, CA.

I am planning on getting this car within 6 months, so I am not so commited right now. But this is #1 on my list. :)

I am was first thinking of getting the blue color. But now balck has caught my attention. I think have a balck car with some blue accents lights inside would be really cool.

Also, I am not sure if puchasing the performace gauges are a good deal from Subaru. What are the gauges? It is cheaper and better to buy it aftermarket?

I will check out those websites for sure.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Heya,

STi is a great car =) and i love every second i get into the car, from the moment it starts to the dreadfull moment i have to turn it off. The power is amazing, and can only imagine it getting better with mods :D

The car feels great, i love the short shifter and gears go in smoothly (i think at least)

I personally think the gagues u get from subaru aren't worth it, they look plain and read BARS not PSI, i would rather save the money and buy an aftermarket gague, which i am gonna do as soon as i get some $$$ hehe :D

if u got anymore questions, let em roll

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Well i live in huntsville, AL so sorry, nohelp here. I love my blue, as that way if the people dont love the car for itself, then they at least love the color ;). As for the gauges... go with an aftermarket set. The boost gauge is like $300 and other then reading boost all its good for is being a vacuum sorce for a boost controller or the sort (so save the cash and ditch the lame MPa readings). I would just buy the 3 gauge piece that goes in the center dash, and put in an oil temp, boost, and EGT gauge. Those will be very important. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Robert~

talk to hummer, as he has the gauge set in his dash, he could probably help with pricing/websites/installation or whatever. good luck!

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Just got back from sema and here are some pics

th3gh05t said:
...I think have a balck car with some blue accents lights inside would be really cool...
you mean like those neon lights that the F&F cars had?? please don't! :roll:

I must warn you though, black is a tough color to maintain. Search the exterior forum and you'll find some threads regarding this. If you put in the effort to keep it clean and polished, it'll really look sharp! Plus, it has gold flakes in it, if you get a chance to check one out you'll see what I mean. Another benefit is if you decide to go with CF mods, hood, trunk, side mirrors, etc, it looks really good with black :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
the sti is awsome...i still cant get over the power band on this thing...it's got power everywhere. previous cars ive driven lacked the torque but it's amazing how the power is so well distributed over the rpm range. one complaint of mine would be it doesn't redline as high and shifting is constant, but i guess for the torque, the tradeoff is good.

·
Registered
131 Posts
gtpark81 said:
the sti is awsome...i still cant get over the power band on this thing...it's got power everywhere. previous cars ive driven lacked the torque but it's amazing how the power is so well distributed over the rpm range. one complaint of mine would be it doesn't redline as high and shifting is constant, but i guess for the torque, the tradeoff is good.
Agreed.
The torque is everywhere!!! I'm not used to it either and am having trouble getting used to it :) Definitely requires a lot of shifting also. I've noticed I like to shift into 5th on my 35mph road. I think I'm doing it to get out of the powerband, which is near impossible. I'm not used to having a car that feels like it always wants to go :eek:
Scott

·
Registered
668 Posts
yeah, plenty of torque at 2000 in 5th gear... sometimes I'm in 6th gear and I think it's in 4th and want to shift into 5th...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts