IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subaru Challenge in the Midwest? SOA wants to have one!

Alright guys and gals, this is where our little internet community can really make things happen!

I have been in contact with a District Operations Manager from SOA about the possibility of a Subaru Challenge being held here in the Midwest. Not familiar with the Subaru Challenge? Check this out. The Southeast region has 3 planned for this year....and we think it's about time we share in the fun!

At this time, things are in the very preliminary stages. Dealers in KC have been contacted and have expressed a real interest. Budgeting for the event by SOA is said to not be a concern. Exciting huh??

Now.....it's our turn to show them what kind of response such an event would get. I've been asked by this District Manager to get the word out and convey back to him what kind of interest there is out there. Have something you'd like to see.....post it up. Willing to sell a first born to have a real gathering of this type reach us here in the Midwest....tell us!

The farther reaching the support, the more dealers that could get involved. The more dealers that get involved....more planning, more money....you get the idea.

So.....what do you think? Who would like to see this actually happen? How far would you drive? This isn't a sign up sheet but a gauge of interest. So let's see it!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Dealer experiences in CT and/or MA

I am in 100%.

This would be AWESOME!

I volunteer my services. I want to help!
I am a printer by profession so I can help out in that area.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I would definitely be interested in this. I am not really into autoxing due to the limited time on the track and all the standing around but I would be interested in meeting some fellow STi owners and put names to faces. Of course since I would take the time to attend I would more than likely participate in the challenge. I would be willing to drive around 200 miles, maybe a tad more, it will depend. I know a couple other STi owners around here that are into racing that might be interested also depending on the location.

BTW, I just talked to the regional rep at a new car care clinic my dealer held last night and mentioned the Subaru Challenges being held and said it would be a great idea to have one in the midwest. Depending on the location and stuff there is a good chance my dealer might be interested also.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'm interested too. About a 200 mile drive is my limit though.

Are you thinking of a auto-x, a car show, or something else?

-Lance

·
Registered
804 Posts
NC STi's

I'm am definitely interested! I too would drive up to 200 miles, although Colorado Springs would be my #1 choice :). I'm sure the owner of Hueberger Subaru would be interested, he puts on a great get together before each Pikes peak hill climb. So what do we need to do to make this happen?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is great guys....and the response on NASIOC is impressive as well. This may end up being farther reaching than originally thought.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Re: *NEW* Site Rules: Please read

I thought I already answered this, but it looks like I didn't. I would be glad to travel to KC or Topeka for this. That's about 500 Miles for me.

Scuba Steve, you and I may want to talk to Gunnar about this, PM me, especially if you know how to get ahold of him directly. I know of a couple of dealers that might be interested in Denver, and I am working those angles...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Why not have it at Heartland Park Topeka???
Best of three worlds: AutoX, Road Race and Drag Race.
Ford SVT has done it here for the past two years. Very Fun.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, there are many options, but I don't think the Subaru Challenges have ever been an all emcompassing motorsports event. I'm pretty sure, being a one day thing, they focus on autox primarily. I could be wrong, but that's all I've heard of in the past.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My wife and I would drive the black STi out from Denver to Topeka or Kansas City. Sounds like fun. Colorado Springs would be a great location as well. Keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts