IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick question for you folks. How are insurance premiums for the STi? At the moment my Ins. company is charging me for a WRX because they do not have the STi in their books yet. So for the time being I'm paying $1400 a year and they will re-adjust when the STi becomes known to them. Scary huh! What are you guys paying?

turbs

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
where to run a 4 gauge cable from batt to rear trunk area...

That's the norm it appears. They are either going off of WRX prices or going off of value only. We'll see just how much they learn about the car in the near future!

·
Registered
163 Posts
My compant is charging me as if I bought a $31,000 WRX. I have a feeling it wont adjust much from this price level.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
i'm paying $1100 until june19th. then it leaps up to $1500 due to an accident (my first ever after 22years of driving) in 2001. :( oh well, it goes away in 2yrs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm paying $824. I have a home and 2 other cars with AllState in Northern California. (They had the STi in their system on Friday) Believe it or not my wife's MY02 WRX is more to insure than the STi. All my insurer wanted to know is the car for pleasure. I said "Absolutely! Can't you see the smile frozen on my face?"

They quoted me that price for under 9000 miles. The price goes up $50 for under 12,000 miles. I thought this was a great deal seeing how I doubt I'll put 8,000 miles on the car. I love my car but I love my bike too! BMW R1150R

·
Registered
99 Posts
You guys must have good driving records.

$240 a month here, 500 deductable

I policy gets reviewed in August, and I lose 7 of my 10 points in late June. I hope to get back down to $150 a month

·
Registered
112 Posts
i paying 1320 a year with my honda
going to pay 2200 a year with the sti, but they are all 4 doors, how come they are different?

·
Registered
99 Posts
cann said:
i paying 1320 a year with my honda
going to pay 2200 a year with the sti, but they are all 4 doors, how come they are different?
Well can the 4 doors on your honda do 0-60 in 4.6? :roll:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What I'm worried about is that they'll read "street legal rally car" and boost the premiums sky high.

And yes a 4 door sedan will be cheaper to insure than a 2 door coupe, at least up here. Sedans seem to go hand in hand with responsible fatherly figures and coupe with young reckless drivers. If it's red it's even more expensive.

Besides we all know insurance companies are crooks, anything for an easy buck.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like the low to mid 1G seems to be the norm, except for a couple exceptions. At least now we know what to expect. Thanks for the feedbacks guys.

turbs

·
Registered
857 Posts
nah, the poll will have too much options and i dont think the bb s/w allows that much.

having simply how much you pay for insurance per month doesnt have enough info. for example, how much is you coverage. your deductible for collision and comprehensive... etc...

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I chose to insure it as a collectible car with Grundy.com the quote is for one year. note the deductible. This is an agreed value policy. The agreed value can be increased as mods or value of the car is increased. No mileage limits. I included all the questions and my answers from the online quote system except for the personal stuff.

Vehicle 1
Vehicle Information: 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Agreed Value - $35000 modified
Liability - $100000
Comprehensive or Comp and Collision - Comp and Collision
Deductible - $0

Quote Information
Liability Rate - $30
Comp and Collision Rate - $490
Deductible Rate - $Not Applicable
Bodily Injury - $0 rate: $Not Applicable
Property Damage - $0 rate: $Not Applicable
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist - $0 rate: $Not Applicable
Med - $0 rate: $Not Applicable
Tax - $1
Total (this vehicle)- $521
Quote Generated on Friday, June 13, 2003

Total Quote (Includes all cars) $521

Application Questions

Perferred date of coverage - 6/17/03
Previous Loss or Violations? - NO
Any operators under 25? - NO
Any collector vehicles used for rally or racing? - YES
Any collector vehicle used for driving to and from work- NO
Any collector vehicle used for errands or backup? - NO
Does body, drivetrain or engine differ from original car maker? - NO
Will engine body or drivetrain be changed? - YES
Will horsepower or body be changed? - YES
How many licensed operators in household - 1
Garage Construction: Wood frame
Security - no

·
Registered
24 Posts
ICE!

I went with Meloche Monnex... best quote so far for me being male under 25 and a recent Universisty graduate... I believe I got a 20% dicount for being an alumnus but still quoted for roughly $4800 a year !

turbs let me know of any suggestions you may have. I've had my G licence for 2 years now but I have no prior driving record/auto insurance in North America...... thanx

O G

P.S I took the cheap way out... since I'll be sharing the car with my girlfriend, we decided to evenly split the costs. We each end up paying $200 a month (made no difference in cost to have her included). It's the least I could do after she put down the $1K deposit for me when I ordered the car back in November 02 ! :p

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OhGeeSTi,

I get my insurance from www.johnson.ca but I have a special alumni rate from the college I attended. Before the STi I was paying 39 bucks a month for a '92 corolla and my driving record is far from clean, nothing major just a bunch of speeding tickets. Give them a try see what they say.

turbs

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Xman said:
I chose to insure it as a collectible car with Grundy.com the quote is for one year. note the deductible. This is an agreed value policy......
I'd beware of that low liability limit you have there, if that is indeed a Combined Single Limit (CSL) liability. At $100000, if you go and take out a brand new Mercedes, that'll leave you with nothing to cover medical claims by the other party.

CSL's are usually in the neighborhood of quarter or half million.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts