IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Curious what people are paying and through who with what type of record...

I have an 07 STI.
State is NC.
My age is 27 (now 29).
I have 0 flaws on my driving record and use Nationwide.
I am the only person listed on the policy.
My car premium for 6 months is $730.

The first estimate I received before buying the car was $354 / 6 months. Once I purchased the vehicle and received the bill, it had risen to $530 / 6 months. This past month I got my latest bill of $730.

Update: I decided to lower my payment by increasing my deductible to $1,000. I now pay about $89/month.

Update 2: Just got my next one in the mail. It's $525.09 / 6 month. That drops it down to $87.50/month.

Update 3: Just got my next one in the mail. It's $514.09 / 6 month.

Update 4: Just got my next one in the mail. It's $540.28 / 6 month. So much for insurance going down over time.

Update 5: Just got my next one in the mail. It's $526.00 / 6 month. Back down a bit.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Mine's similar with a perfect driving record. I have 250/500/100 coverage though. That's more than what most people carry.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Curious what people are paying and through who with what type of record...

I have an 07 STI.
I have 0 flaws on my driving record and use Nationwide.
My car premium for 6 months is $730.
age and location have a lot to do with this as well...

perfect record
06 sti
22 in LA

around $2200 per year

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
23 (22 when plan was started)
Washington
Perfect record
$114 mo for full coverage

My uncle is also my insurance agent, so I'm sure that helps :)

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
It also depends on what kind of coverage... minimum coverage (at least in cali) is 15k/30k bodidly injury, with 3k property damage. If you are at fault in a serious accidednt with that kind of coverage, you WILL be in court being sued for the rest.

31 year old male
San Diego Cali
07 STI
Flawless driving record
With same company for 12 years
$50k/$100k + $50k property
$100 deductable on comprehensive, $500 deductable on collision
$610 / year

·
Registered
47 Posts
They also look at your credit score. If you have a perfect record and bad credit they will screw you just for the credit situation

·
Banned
1,708 Posts
insurance discussions will range so much between everyone, you probably wont find very useful info in here b/c it's just so specific.

although my insurance did drop $400 for 2007 compared to 2006 :)

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
insurance discussions will range so much between everyone, you probably wont find very useful info in here b/c it's just so specific.
:yeahthat:

too many factors to make this a helpful comparison. almost like the Dyno Database... fun to see the #'s, bad for comparisons unless your circumstances are the same as the person posting.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
They also look at your credit score. If you have a perfect record and bad credit they will screw you just for the credit situation
720 credit (just pulled mine to buy a condo) here w/ no points or accidents in 3 years.

I think where you live has much more to do with the premium than how good your credit is.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
21 male
Colorado
0 points taken
0 tickets
100k-300k-100k
$972.00/6 months
(That added pertection is expensive, but well worth it!)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Where you live has alot to do with it,,, In new orleans.. a 23 year old with a perfect record will pay near 500/mouth. No joke.. yikes. But there, they have a serious street racing problem.

·
Registered
136 Posts
In the highest insurance premium state of all - NJ:

31 male (married)
0 points
06 STi, 07 Santa Fe Limited, 02 Acura RSX
$250k/$500k/$100k

$2,500 p/yr total for all three cars

·
Registered
151 Posts
It also depends on what kind of coverage... minimum coverage (at least in cali) is 15k/30k bodidly injury, with 3k property damage. If you are at fault in a serious accidednt with that kind of coverage, you WILL be in court being sued for the rest.

31 year old male
San Diego Cali
07 STI
Flawless driving record
With same company for 12 years
$50k/$100k + $50k property
$100 deductable on comprehensive, $500 deductable on collision
$610 / year
I envy u!

I have the same coverage... But i live in Long Island N.Y, for those ppl native to this area ... Then u know we get rapped on insurance...

Bottom line 2,400 per/yr and that's under my fathers name. Im 20... I was quoted at 3,400!!! :crying:

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I envy u!

I have the same coverage...
You may have the same coverage, but insuring a 20 year old and a 31 year old is the difference between night and day. In a few years, your insurance will SLOWLY start getting cheaper and cheaper if you stay at 0 at faults and 0 tickets.

Also, finding a great insurance company and sticking with that company will save you money too. (as long as they are worth staying with, of course)

-HC

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I have to chime although with the same listed caveat that you will not get a useful quote by hearing ours as so many factors determine rates.

Just switched to progressive last week.

25 male st. louis county
50k,50k, 100k or something like that
rental coverage, roadside assistance
$250, $500 deductibles (i like lower just in case)
1 accident (one car my fault $1500 in damage)
1 bad ticket (very bad)
So not a great record and low deductibles.

Pay $130 a month for it all.

Compare that to what I was getting with American Family before the switch. $250 a month almost.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Long Island, NY here as well...

I guess insurance doesn't like the fact that I'm 21 starting the new policy period...plus it jumped up since an 05 doesn't qualify for the new car discount, nor does driver's ed. count anymore...

$500 on both comp and collision, and great coverage otherwise, and I got $1970 / 6 months :(

Flawless driving record too <knock on wood>

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Miami ...

24, male, no accidents in 5+ years

some tickets..

245/month = rape

1 - 20 of 289 Posts