IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a resource for Subaru owners in regards to insurance and need some data points. I'd really appreciate your help.

I need to know ...
Insurance Rate + Coverage (Full, Basic, etc.)
Subaru Year & Model
# of Claims in Past 5 Years (Wrecks, etc.)
Insurance Company
Are you the owner of the account?
Primary Vehicle?
Discounts (Student, etc.)

Here's an Example if you want to copy mine:

M
$90 / mo - Full Coverage
2011 STI
2 (Both not-at-fault)
State Farm
Yes
Yes
Multi-Policy Discount (House, Car, etc.)

I'm working to expand this article: Subaru WRX Insurance Rates - Costs, Discounts, etc.

The goal is to give people some ideas on how they can save a few bucks on insurance, explain the benefits and risks of policy coverage, and for prospective buyers to have more insight into what insurance costs. All with our best interests rather than the best interests of your insurance agent.

·
Registered
55 Posts

M

Approx $85 a month full coverage (high level coverage but a high deductible as well) was $115/m before adding my gfs Prius to my policy

2009 STI (hatch, obviously)

0 claims/ tickets

Geico

Yes

Yes

Multi vehicle and good driver blah blah

Just to add a couple points:

For those interested in a 2011+ STI, the costs per month seem to vary significantly between sedan/ hatch. When I was shopping for quotes and still debating between the 2, sedan quotes were consistently $30-$50 more a MONTH when comparing same MY. Lowest quote I got was $157 for a sedan.

Location. This has a HUGE impact on what you can expect to pay. I don't have specifics for an STI, but for example with my sport bike (2012 zx10r) I was paying $340/6mo full coverage in Santa Barbara, Ca. I moved to San Francisco and the same coverage jumped to $594/6mo. Then I moved across the bay to Oakland and the same coverage rose yet again to $850/6mo (at which point the bike became track only haha).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hmm, pretty interesting post ...
I recently bought a car too and I had to start studying the topic of car insurance.
I read a lot of information on the forums and realized that there are fraudulent companies and there are reliable companies with a good reputation like https://generalliabilityinsure.com/ .
The problem is that I can’t choose the type of insurance ... WHAT do you recommend full coverage or incomplete ???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts