IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to get fuel rails to get rid of the hesitation completely.

After 3 FPR testing. I have installed the cobb kit which had the least AF correction.

When installing Fuel Rails, should i replace injectors? Or use the OEM?
I dont have an issue currently with the OEM and the car is stage 2.
What precautions and things to buy before the installation?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am hitting 90% IDC in the winter. But I happy with the current power levels.

But question will the injectors on my current mods increase power? Without any extra supporting mods.

Thanks for your replies I apprecite it.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
If you're almost maxing out your current OEM injectors but don't plan on making much more power than now, I would just install some lower cc injectors like some 650cc or even 850cc just in case you feel like making a little more power in the future. Those injectors I mentioned would also let run just fine with your current mods. Any interest in running E85 though?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont have E85 on my region.

Thanks. Any parts require change as precaution if I am reusing the oem injectors?

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
The o-rings on the bottom and top of the injectors, you can get them from Subaru. Make sure to grease/lube them prior to bolting everything down.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are 1000cc injector is ok for stage 2? I cannot find smaller in our local market only ID1000CC.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
That's definitely not necessary, and I think you'll need a bigger fuel pump to run 1000cc. You can though, get 1000cc injectors and a DW65c pump but have stage 2 installed, so you'll essentially be at Stage 2+. You'll be in the 300 - 350hp range on 91/93 with Stage 2+.

If you don't want to be at Stage 2+, your OEM injectors will be fine.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Then if you want decent gains in power, get the 1000cc injectors and a pro-tune. You'll be safely under the breaking point of those oem pistons.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will adjust he injectors in the tune and keep everything the same. I guess I will end up with the same power level.

I don't want to get intake for now.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Get the 1000cc injectors, you'll be happy with how much room you'll have for future power mods. You can run anywhere from 300hp to 450+/- with those injectors.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts