IW STi Forum banner

Installed Rally Armor Flaps

Exterior 
3K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  sti-liger 
#1 ·
Well, with the little manhood that I have left (from this install), I decided to clean up the STi (waaaaaaaaaaay overdue) and take some ****ty pics of the flaps on. Getting the fronts on was such a pain, because the clips that rally armor supplies you don't fit behind the fender liner, and you have to customize them to fit. After I figured out what I was going to do, it was pretty simple. I figured it would take 1/2 hour, but this is def. something I won't really want to do again lol. Anyways, onto the pictures.

See less See more
#8 ·
Mine installed very easily. I do remember that the clips only went one way correctly, if you don't put them on that way the fit is pretty bad. But it's been a year so I don't remember off-hand what the exact detail was. But I'm about to put them back on this weekend so I'm sure I'll be reminded... :lol:

#10 ·
The fit is pretty bad even if you do put them in the correct place. Plus the original hardware from RallyArmor is junk in another way; it rusts to the point of effectively welding the bolt to the clip-on nut. I found this out the hard way. Anti-sieze compound highly recommended!

#14 ·
I just saved my rear rim from a nasty curb scratch because of those flaps! I was being rather inattentive during parallel parking. SCRAPE! OMG, I just killed my rim! (takes a look, flap touching curb) Lucky!!:D

#15 ·
wdb said:
The fit is pretty bad even if you do put them in the correct place. Plus the original hardware from RallyArmor is junk in another way; it rusts to the point of effectively welding the bolt to the clip-on nut. I found this out the hard way. Anti-sieze compound highly recommended!
how does it rust? mine had plastic hardware:scurred:

#18 ·
Watch the HSPN video, then buy them if you can handle the install:rolleyes: , +1 great product

#20 ·
I pulled the wheels when I installed mine (rotated the tires while I was at it). Took about 30-45 minutes including tire rotation. Done with 2 jacks (don't have a lift :( ). Just read the supplied instructions. Install isn't hard and everything lined up perfectly for me. I would definitely recommend them! I bought them to protect the rockers/doors from rock chips, and they are doing the job. Car has never seen rain so I'm not too worried about rust....

VV

#21 ·
B00stedreams said:
Yea, I would def. recommend them. There is a noticable difference between having them on and off (with the car staying cleaner) and they look the same as when I got them :tup:
+1 one of my first mods:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.