IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:) Hi everybody! Stoked about this new piece, it's very high quality, and the fit-up took about 20 mins max. Comes with an extra gasket, and also new SS mounting hardware. Very easy to adjust, depending on the amount of boost, and no idle trouble. Almost has two sounds in one... very cool. Now, to open the intake system for more sound! Seeya

· Registered
1,907 Posts
take it out cuz its probably gonna cause problems unless u get a tune. sorry

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
APS not good?

This is the dualport piece that is easily adjustable. Now tell me the bad news.:confused:

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what's the big deal with APS? Accessport is coming, and only stock timing... and 94octane if I can find it. What else do I need?

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone?

APS is similar to the VW dual dumpvalve... any words?

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I know of driveability problems with just a 100% atmospheric BOV... but this uses the stock diverter, and I just ran it all day in +29C weather... no idle problems. Gotta love it

· Registered
6,610 Posts
pics + sound clip?

· Registered
516 Posts
Whomever says the APS bov causes problems probably has never had an APS bov. Had one on the stock system for a year before I upgraded my wrx with no problems. You can adjust it for stock and adjust it to push more air when you mod, but it still will always be a 50/50 bov so it recirculates under light boost. Keep it, they are nice pieces and good for when you start upgrading and up the boost.

· Registered
181 Posts
yes i heard that it does not cause irratic idle and does not make the car run rich between shifts.i have read that the aps is the only safe bov you can put on the sti i like to hear what other people have to say was thinking of getting one.

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
APS is a go !!

:tup: Very simple install, very clean look, and very clean sound! Only had it for a day or two, but the only driving nic I've heard is a small burble on downshift after a lot of spirited driving. Adjusted it fairly loose so I could hear it, and I can dump to the 2nd port at about .7 bar. Friend of mine has no cats, and the same BOV, and he swears there's a bit of flame on downshift with a hot engine... we'll see... still got my cats. Kinda sounds like the old GReddy chirp first, the your hear the diverter kick in with a nice whoosh. Can't send pics as of this hour, but looking into it. Cheers!:)

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
he might be all talk, but he rally races for the Suby Canada amateur team, and he's also got 120 extra hp on me. :)

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
how to put on videos, or pics?

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I will have pictures on my threads soon, but not as of this hour. It sounds good, like the ole GReddy chirp, then whooshings. Peace.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.