IW STi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright, so last night I finally got around to installing my Kartboy Front and Rear Shifter bushings as well as Tranny Crossmember Bushings in my '04. Checked a couple of write ups on how to install, checked all my work, everything looked fine, install wasn't too difficult.

After driving her alot last night and this morning, my shifter doesn't feel much better. I had always had a huge side to side slop in any gear, thats the reason I wanted to put in Kartboys. Major side to side slop is still there and hasn't been changed, shifts feel a little more precise but I'm not satisfied at all.

Has anyone experienced this or can tell me what I need to do next? Is it possible, I didn't install correctly (I swear I did, followed peaty's instructions word for word off the kartboy website). Or do I need something like the TiC Pivot Bushings which I heard were a PITA to install?

Sorry if thats a long write up for a small problem. I'm tired of the "car won't start pleeeze help what did i do wrong?!?!?!" threads with no info.
Thanks,
-Jack-

· Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, only KB front, rear, and tranny cross member bushings.

· Registered
181 Posts
i had the same thing happen. i installed the kartboy front and rear bushing after being told by kartboy them selfs that it will greatly reduce the sloppy feel of the shifter, i didnt feel a difference at all. then they said i had to buy different bushings :rolleyes:

· Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Not sure why these results are occuring... but I noticed a tremendous change with just the kartboy shifter and front bushings. I still need to add several bushings to complete the setup, but the difference from stock was night and day for me.

· Registered
4,011 Posts
kevinh211 said:
i had the same thing happen. i installed the kartboy front and rear bushing after being told by kartboy them selfs that it will greatly reduce the sloppy feel of the shifter, i didnt feel a difference at all. then they said i had to buy different bushings :rolleyes:
...or maybe you bought the incorrect bushings to begin with?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.