IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
that looks very cool. that nibbler things works pretty well? only $8.00? i dunno, but i could probably find a way to screw that up! i'll try anyway, i think...

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
That looks sooo much better, I always though it looked to bare with nothing there :D

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
either cajones or ignorance...it's hard to distinguish between the two sometimes. ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well I got everything to put my sidemarkers in should have it done this weekend. I just need one more wire clamp the auto parts store only sells them in packs of three and they only had one pack but I got the nibbler it cuts small pieces so it should be cool will try to post some pictures when I am done... 8)

M

·
0 Posts
Going to try and do it this weekend as well, real world permitting, :)

(very excited!)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Installed sidemarkers I think the ones I bought from the dealership are different the hole on the template was smaller than the lights not much. Nothing the Dremel couldn't handle.. 8)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Silversatin said:
Installed sidemarkers...
looks good. congrats. did the dealer units include a harness?
Silversatin said:
...the hole on the template was smaller than the lights not much...
yeah, the template will intentionally produce a smaller hole. this is to make people slowly trim the metal for a tight fit. at places, the lamp overlaps the hole by only about 3/16". if the template was perfect and someone was off be a little bit, then could end up with a hole showing behind the lamp.

·
Registered
128 Posts
STIs In Sac?? Yes

I kinda thought that it was intentionally smaller for that reason. But the back of your light is gray and the ones I bought are white I also thought that might be a difference...The only thing I really don't care for about the lights is I wish they were a little more flush with the fender kinda stick out...But I like it...They at least serve a purpose or the UK & JDM version's wouldn't have them.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, i agree about them sticking out, but i knew that before i bought 'em. the rally car appears to have them slightly recessed. it looks really nice.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sorry no they did not come with the harness I followed your directions using all hardware you suggested .. Followed directions exactly...I also knew they would stick out but flush mounted does look really good. But I am the only STI in Hawaii with them installed :lol:

M

·
0 Posts
Ok, finally got my sidemarkers installed this weekend! Went pretty well. I was so paranoid about cutting the hole, I took an hour on the first one. Afterwards, I did the 2nd in 15 minutes!

Minor differences: I did not jack up the car, remove the fender lining, or the wheels (i'm so lazy, :) ). I did take out the battery though. Also, I used safety wire to fish it through the fender instead of a coat hangar.

I love the look! I really love how the sidemarkers flash when you lock/unlock the car, that is my favorite feature. And, the markers look a lot smaller after they are installed, I was a little worried they were too big, but after getting them in the hole, I realised they were perfect.

I don't have any pics, maybe I'll take some today, but it looks the same anyhow...

PS: BIG THANKS to 4MLA1FN for making the template, that made the install process so easy, really appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:) congrats on doing the mod. do post your pics tho so we have at least one of each color. i recently stopped at the dealer to check on some things (related to that long cast piston vs forged piston thread). when i returned to the car, the service manager was out there admiring the car and noticed i added sidemarkers. i was impressed. i doubt most people would notice the difference. my wife will hasn't. :D

·
Registered
694 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but these side markers will only work when the turn signal is used, correct?

Forgive the dumb question, but I hate seeing Civics driving around with their side markers on all the time.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Thanks! And thank you Santa, for the side marker lights. :wink:

...And yes, if anyone has pics of this install on a WR Blue STi, please post them!

·
Registered
307 Posts
if my sti had side marker lights i would be trying to fill the hole and get rid of them, my opinion anyway :wink:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts