IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just had our front anti-roll bar installed on the STi, first modification. There is noticeable difference in the front-end bite with no sign of understeer. Nearly immeasurable harshness increase.

We also recorded various data before and after on the street with same turns left and right. As soon as I find some time to analyze the data and get it to presentable format, we will publish them with our analysis.

The installation was frankly quite simple. 6 bolts out, little wiggling and turning around to take out the old one and put in the new one. Turning the steering wheel to full lock in any direction helps. Bushings were not difficult either; less than 1 hour work :)

We will later on, sometime in January promise :D, put on the rear bar and record the same type of data; so that we can present to you imprical information to ease your decision making.

Open to questions and comments... ;)

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
wow some nice data! kinda confusing at first, but not to bad after you figure everything out :)... neat how you also stated taht extra 1.454 seconds ended up netting 44 seconds faster on the whole track - huge difference I'd think...

Robert~

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just uploaded our report that explains a little more. If it is still a little confusing or not very clear, please let me know, and I'll re-work it :)

Thank you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
interesting. wonder what the results will look like with the rear arb and a set of stb's? would love to see them and compare them to the stock charts.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Nothing like empirical information... interesting indeed. Is everything other than the front bar and bushings stock?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
103 Posts
As an autocrosser, it would've been nice to see some before/after data on a slalom to see how the front bar affected transitional behavior and speed. Based on data given I think there would have been a significant improvement here also. Thank you for posting your results because it does give us data to make logical improvements to our STi's.

Andy

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Andy. I wish we could do a lot more varying types of testing as well, but budget and time limitations forces us to do street testing during the offseason. We still have not finalized some of the details of various packages we will be introducing for the STi, and it takes incredible work to do it right as you can imagine.

Any how, besides bunch of excuses I am giving :), yes you are right, the slalom improvements should be near or above 15% just with the front A/R bar and I would expect at least a 5 to 8% improvement with the addition of a front strut bar on top the A/R. Well, first test will be VIR with the coilovers, front and rear A/R bar, and front strut bar. And we will do couple of different setups to see differences :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts