IW STi Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This takes some considerable stupidity and lack of coordination, but I pulled it off. Maybe this precautionary take will help someone else putting on an exhaust not make the same moron mistake.

So I’m finishing up the install on a corsa, and the downpipe flange connection leaks. My car has seen 3 salty winters, so the stock flange is in bad shape. Corsa’s cheesy gasket doesn’t help either. After starting up the car, there is a healthy leak at the bottom of the flange. (2 bolts for a flange, wtf) I unbolt the flange and see if I can separate the flanges enough to do some cleanup, add some high temp rtv for good measure. I have an 8 year old and 5 month old, so my install time is running out. The corsa flange has to fit OVER the stupid lip in the oem dp, almost got it, just a little more… and it breaks free with a lot more travel than I’m expecting, and there’s something loose in my mouth.

So if you’re doing this claustrophobic style with ramps, be more careful than that. Spending money for your car to sound cooler gets even sillier when you add dental bills. Gave the RTV some time to cure so haven’t even actually driven it yet. Also… amazingly found a big nail in the tire when raising the car up. So wouldn’t really be cruising around too much anyways. Amazingly I already had a dentist appt Monday morning.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts