IW STi Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My header, downpipe, and uppipe are back from Swain as of today (to include the hardware I left in the box when it shipped out). I want to install the stuff this weekend - anyone interested in an install day? I have a two car garage, a modest selection of tools (no air tools but I do have spring compressors, big socket for the rear diff plug, flare nut wrenchs, and the ever useful BFH), and I am near Ashburn/Dulles. I'm going to install the catless dp so that I can send my catted dp off to get coated and check out the cat.

[img=http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9256/dsc00365ep6.th.jpg]

I'll shoot directions via PM to those interested. My driveway is not flat so any work done in the drive would be limited to ramps w/wheel chocks...and you'll probably get rained on :)

I just painted the downpipe with VHT hi-temp black header paint. Swain says their coating isn't impacted by painting and I didn't want the dp white in the event I get a visual check (I have the fake cat heatshield welded on the lower section of the dp under the car).

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
I would be all over it if it was Sunday.... gotta work on sat... I have the following to install

SS brake lines
speed bleeders
ate super blue fluid
front and rear sways with endlinks and mount(rear)....

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
9,936 Posts
WolfPlayer said:
That's my Birthday and I'm already setup to do some family stuff :( Oh wells.

t

yea, happy birthday!!

yea, if it was on sunday (assuming your not too far) i would be up for it.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hijacker ^ :)

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Install went great aside from blowing out my O2 Sensor...I should have done a quick search prior to the install. Oh well, at least the header is on. Thanks to Royal, Blubaru, and Brett for helping.

·
9,936 Posts
spazegun2213 said:
yup 9-noon I'll be working on a car.. or more than one car.

pm me if you want my address
blegh, i doubt i'll be up that early (i'm in college what do you expect). but if you want to pm me your address and phone # just in case that would be cool.

·
9,936 Posts
spazegun2213 said:
can do

and dude, I'm up earlier on the weekends then i am on the weekday!

haha, well After noon I'm going up to summit to watch my friend drift and some racing... anyone is welcome to come.

hmmmm... how far away is summit point and what time would you be getting back?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I'm probably gonna be at Summit today since my brother will be drifting :p I guess I'll see you there, Ross.

·
Registered
56 Posts
QuickSilverSTi said:
Install went great aside from blowing out my O2 Sensor...I should have done a quick search prior to the install. Oh well, at least the header is on. Thanks to Royal, Blubaru, and Brett for helping.
That was a bummer about the O2 Russ. Thanks for the use of your garage to do my fluid changes. I had to add a little coolant this morning, but the engine temp has been right on since I left your place yesterday.

Big thanks to Royalsti for his help in changing the fluids and banging his hands on various parts of the subframe :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts