IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That pretty much says it...anyone done it before? I know I've done much more technical things in my life and I'd like to give it a try.

It really isn't the money that I don't want to pay....it's that I don't want someone else tearing into my car and doing a crappy install job like my last system install got.

Anyone?

·
Registered
858 Posts
which alarm?

if the sube one, it's kinda easy...

if you are using an aftermarket one, see if they have harnesses ready to go. otherwise, it's a few slice and splice wires...

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Viper 790xv Responder. I have all the wiring diagrams for the car.

I don't think it will be that bad at all. Just need to find a place to buy a Viper alarm without them making me install it with them....which I don't think they are allowed to do by DEI.

·
Registered
983 Posts
CloNeGTS, I'm trying to install the alarm myself too, but where do you get the wiring diagram for the car? is there a box in the car where you can connect the wires to? such as the voltage source, door switch and all that. if there is, where is it located? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go over to NASIOC and search for posts by a guy named NetZ. He has posted a great deal of information regarding proper installation technique and wiring details for the STi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts