IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
An FLCAN box can mimic the immobilizer signal. Use one instead of a hidden key.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
It connects to your databus interface right? This means I can no longer datalog and tune correct??

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
When I installed this, storing the key was the only method I knew of to use for the subaru.

A. What would make a thief think a key buried in the car?
B. The key is concealed inside of the RFID reader box.
C. I hid the RFID reader box very well.
D. Even if you had a key to use, if the alarm is armed, the starter circuit is not completed.

Quit being so paranoid. I'll eventually look into the FLCAN, but only to regain my only real key for the car. Right now, I have to use the remote start every time.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Is the data bus connector the funky non obd2 connector under the dash? How did you program the FLCAN for remote start?? Very interested in this alternate method.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The databus pins are in the BCM which is not hard to find, you have to unplug a connector, pop some pins out and then splice in the necessary wires.

You only need the right firmware(should get this when you order) and hook it up and follow the learning directions.

The key process for a 2011 is described here under type 2 installation http://www.flashlogic.com/support/get-install-guide/guide_id/8755

·
Registered
999 Posts
The databus pins are in the BCM which is not hard to find, you have to unplug a connector, pop some pins out and then splice in the necessary wires.

You only need the right firmware(should get this when you order) and hook it up and follow the learning directions.

The key process for a 2011 is described here under type 2 installation http://www.flashlogic.com/support/get-install-guide/guide_id/8755
Thanks ghost for the very helpful information. I now know what I need to make a functional system for myself.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Does this work in a 2005 STI though? The only ones I can find are for a canbus interface? Maybe I am searching for the wrong thing??

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
It's just a general purpose diode, which radio shack should have, if you find one that still has the drawers of electronics components. Looks like:

The only downside to my setup that I didn't forsee, is when you bump the car lightly enough to set of the warning chirps. All you get is quiet warning beeps from the subaru beeper :) The two way remote still lets me know anyways.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I was just at radio shack this weekend. They're labeled as rectifier diodes, and though they have different maximum voltages, they should all work.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was just at radio shack this weekend. They're labeled as rectifier diodes, and though they have different maximum voltages, they should all work.
I saw those, too. But according to my research, rectifier diodes convert AC to DC. Not exactly what I need for this application so I just went with a 12v 1Amp silicone diode.

Haven't attempted the horn/beeper/siren combination project yet as I've currently run into a snag with the turn signal integration (doesn't work). My Viper 5701 is already configured to use the parking lights (during remote start only for some reason = no flash during arm/disarm) and I simply ran the DPDT (wired according to instructions herein) in parallel off of the White light flash wire from the 5701 control module.

I admit I'm hardly a novice with electric circuitry, but all I want is my lights to flash when I arm/disarm my car! Switching the polarity (via 10Amp fuse jumper located on the 5701) doesn't work for more than a day -- the fuse blows -- so I reset a new fuse to a negative (-) polarity and all I get are running parking lights during remote start.

Help?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Where are the factory turn signal and parking light relays located (specifically -- I know they're near the cabin fuse box on the driver side dash)?

Also, I put a meter on the White parking light flash output wire of the Viper 5701 and it reads: 1.3v at rest and during arm/disarm, but 12v with the key in the "on" position... could this be why my turn signal/hazards don't flash when wired with a DPDT? Not enough power to energize the relay?

As I stated earlier, my parking lights come on with remote start only (alarm installed by BestBuy = Free w/purchase). I simply want to add the turn signal/hazard light flash for arm/disarm.

·
Registered
47 Posts
OK, so some time within a month or two from my last post, I opted to return to BestBuy and have them tweak the Viper 5701 for me since I was struggling to rectify my horn honk integration and parking light flash dilemma.

1) Horn honk (via Hella Super Tones = LOUD) integration - done
a. disabled arm/disarm chirps via options menu (to prevent honking during arm/disarm)
b. horns honk during warning chirps and full alarm/trigger

2) Parking light flash on arm/disarm fixed (was connected to wrong lead wire by previous installer)

3) *BONUS* Integration of Plasmaglow FX-4000 Clear Headlight Strobe Kit (Description reads "LED" but these are not LED) with the Viper 5701 system
a. Strobes flash with alarm during full alarm/trigger
b. Manual activation/deactivation of strobes via in-dash button (included with kit)
c. Manual activation/deactivation of strobes via Auxiliary 2 (F + AUX) button on Viper remote key fob :cool:

I already had the strobes connected and working with the alarm myself (pretty straight-forward) before going to BestBuy and knew there must be a way to activate them via the Viper remote key fob now. After adding a relay, it was a reality! Thanks to my new auto electronics installer! :bow:

Subtotal: $40 at BestBuy in Riverside, CA
Tip: $20
Total: $60

Satisfaction (scale of 5): :tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:
Cool factor (scale of 5): :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I'm glad you got everything worked out! I'm currently trying to get the subaru beeper working again, after the original one died.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey guys! I'm new to the forum and i just got my 2006 STi a few months ago. I'm installing a Viper 5806v system and I'm at the keyless entry unit. In the original write up it says that there are two yellow with red stripe wires. I only have one! I'm not sure if it's the trunk input or the second unlock output. It gave 1v whether the trunk was open or closed. Where's the other yellow with red stripe??? plz helpz!! :notsure:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the reply! I found a good diagram and I'm pretty sure I got it. Most of the wires match your write up. The trunk switch wire is blue with white on the 2006 STi. I'm looking for the parking light wire now.

I have another question. I see that you just attached the hood pin wire to the body inside the engine compartment. How does this function? It is supposed to be grounded when the hood is closed and open when the hood is...well, open?

61 - 80 of 91 Posts