We tried to keep this quiet for a while, but testing a product on one of the fastest time attack Subarus in North America makes it hard to keep under wraps. The sneakiness is over now and after back to back season championships and setting multiple track records we're ready to share our secret weapon with the world!
We build every package to order after obtaining information from each customer, but we've listed core packages here.
The standard packages offer reduced price for those who aren't running their car on a road course or other situation involving repeated heavy braking. Packages noted "lapping" have upgraded components. This is an engineered solution rather than a way to slap a PBR caliper on a Subaru. We wouldn't buy a bracket from Stoptech, Alcon etc., piece something together and expect it to work like their kits. Our early testing was a prime example of why you don't do that. The initial results showed promise, but were mediocre compared to the final setups we arrived at after 2 years of extensive testing. What we're ready to sell now performs on par with kits costing about twice as much and our customers are ecstatic with the performance.
13" and 14" rotor packages can bolt onto 1993-2015 Impreza, Forester and Legacy, but we'll review fitment with each purchaser. 13" packages available in 5x100 and 5x114.3. 14" packages are 5x114.3 only and we suggest hub swapping any 5x100 car that's hardcore enough to use our 14" brake package.
13" standard package with high performance street pads $1499 (without rotors)
13" lapping package with upgraded pad pin screws, 1mm titanium pad shims, race pads $1799 (without rotors)
Centric blank rotors are $175/pair if you don't already have STI fitment rotors. We offer DBA (1 or 2 piece) and Girodisc (2 piece) rotor options as well.
14" standard package with high performance street pads and Centric blank rotors $1699
14" lapping package with upgraded pad pin screws, 1mm titanium pad shims, race pads and Centric blank rotors $1999
Again in 14" we also offer DBA and Girodisc rotor options.
Contact [email protected] to order.
We have the custom components in stock ready to go. This group buy simply allows us to bulk order the calipers, pads, rotors, accessories in the colors and combinations each buyer selects, keeping your cost down.
Group buy closes in 4 weeks, Thursday February 12th. There is no minimum number of orders.
We will ship some kits before the group buy closes (earliest orders first) and the rest are expected to ship by March 5 so you'll be ready for spring.
For those planning on hardcore track use including extended sessions we have two additional upgrade options for the lapping packages. The first is a competition dust boot upgrade at $189 installed. The second is a stainless steel vented piston upgrade at $350 installed. We've not needed these parts with typical time attack race use, certainly not autoX or trackX use, but if you run longer sessions or your setup tends to generate excessive brake heat, the competition dust boots are a good idea. The upgraded pistons have not been necessary, but if you engage in endurance racing they're something to consider.
We can also provide a street and race package to those whose cars pull double duty like our owner Mike's STI which sports our 13" package:
The calipers are sold OEM in red, silver, competition grey or yellow so those are the basic color options, but they can be powdercoated other colors if interested. They can be plain or with Corvette logo. Yellow, silver, competition grey shown (left to right)
If you're interested in a package we need some information from each customer to make the right choices. We listed the common price points above, but each setup is built to order using components appropriate for each user. This also helps us review fitment. Please PM or email us the following:
1) Year/make/model vehicle
2) List any front suspension or front & rear brake parts that have been swapped or altered
3) What wheels will be used on car?
4) Do you use wheel spacers? (If yes, do you have extended wheel studs)
5) How is the car used i.e. street only, street/autoX, street/drag strip, street/show, street/lapping, time attack only, endurance road racing, tarmac rally etc.? The more info the better.
6) Will the car EVER be used on a road course or in another situation involving repeated hard braking for more than 1 minute.
7) List any other information you feel is pertinent or any concerns you have.
For those looking for more details and information on the development history of these packages check out our announcement thread here:
1) Josh R. - 13" lapping kit plus vented SS pistons, high temp dust seals, silver calipers, no Corvette logo - Order complete, shipped.
2) Moses W. - 13" lapping kit plus high temp dust seals, competition grey calipers, no Corvette logo - Order complete, holding for in house install.
3) Nick C. - 13" lapping kit, red calipers, no Corvette logo - red color calipers on backorder
4) Confidential - 13" kit plus extras - Order complete, shipped.