IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inlet Tube: Can't decide between Perrin and APS. Is APS worth the extra money?

Heat Wrap: I notice that Static X sells heat wrap for the FP20G for $50. Seems a bit pricey to me considering how its only for the turbo. I looked on ebay and found This. Can't I just wrap the turbo and downpipe in this and it be just as good?

I am basically upgrading the turbo to a 20G, upgrading the inlet tube, upgrading to Perrin injectors. I don't have enough money for a FMIC which is why I'm going to use some heat wrap... But is there anything else small that I should add at this time? I already have a walbro pump and I don't want to run Meth.

Also, I just wanted to take a sec and say thanx to this website and its members. Very informative and nice people.

Thanx

James

·
pwn n00bs
18,247 Posts
the aps inlet is by far the best thing evarrr, get it....the silicone ones suxors.

wrap or coat the dp, wrap the turbo, and get a nice heat shield + add meth.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the response, but does it matter what you use to wrap the turbo and downpipe? Is the expensive stuff about the same as the cheap stuff.. in other words.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ValvetrainEngineer said:
OR...to save a bit just buy some heat wrap from Thermotec (Pegasus Racing has a good selection).
I assumed I could just buy a 50' roll of the Thermotec stuff for both the turbo and the downpipe.. So thats what I did.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
I've been contemplating the Perrin over the APS lately because of the hardcore install that the APS requires. Supposedly, Perrin fixed their earlier problems with the hose collapsing under high boost. If this is true, the ease of install may make the Perrin worth it.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive had silicon stuff on my old car.. It never lasted which us why I was looking at APS.

·
Registered
228 Posts
i have the perrin tube and have no complaints about it. i didn't get the APS because of the installation of it, but if i had to do it again i'd go for the APS :tup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts