IW STi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was piecing together my 05 sti swap into my 01 impreza and it was missing the stock airbox. I went online and just bought whatever was used on the forums and the injen was the best deal i could get. Now that my car is all done, I came to this forum for some technical help and stuff. Anyway, is this thing even any good? Should I replace it with something else? After browsing this site it seems like everyone likes APS parts. Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

btw i have

front mount intercooler
3 inch TBE
injen cold air intake

thanks,

rommel

·
Registered
858 Posts
There was a post not long ago about with intake was better. Does to names came up. Check it out it should still be here don't even have to search just scroll down in Engine, Power and Performance

·
Registered
703 Posts
There isn't a right answer to this. You won't see any difference in performance between the two (although some dyno plots try to show the Injen being better, but they don't provide AFR plots). I personally have the Injen CAI LE (Wrinkle Red version) and I am very happy with it. The real question is do you plan on any EM/tuning?

offset

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
offset said:
There isn't a right answer to this. You won't see any difference in performance between the two (although some dyno plots try to show the Injen being better, but they don't provide AFR plots). I personally have the Injen CAI LE (Wrinkle Red version) and I am very happy with it. The real question is do you plan on any EM/tuning?

offset
+1 none will be worth a darn without EM and a tune. A CAI is fine if your tuned for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts