IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wondering if anyone has tried the Injen CAI on their STi and what their opinion of it is. Dyno charts would be ideal, but not necessary.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I wouldnt recommend a CAI, but I've seen them on a couple cars. Sorry I cant help you with dyno charts or performance :(

Robert~

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sing with me:

Cai's are bad for the sti, the ecu don't like it - noooo noooo the ecu don't like it at all......

CAI + MAF before the intercoller = more expansion in the intercooler = bad MAF readings
By the time air gets to the throttle body in our cars it is hot. It does not matter if it is cold when it enters - it is still hot when it gets that far in. There are better things you can spend $$ on than intakes imho...

Go with a short ram or leave it alone....

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
zenorb said:
Sing with me:

Cai's are bad for the sti, the ecu don't like it - noooo noooo the ecu don't like it at all......

CAI + MAF before the intercoller = more expansion in the intercooler = bad MAF readings
By the time air gets to the throttle body in our cars it is hot. It does not matter if it is cold when it enters - it is still hot when it gets that far in. There are better things you can spend $$ on than intakes imho...

Go with a short ram or leave it alone....
It obviously isnt bad for the ECU, seeing as the stock setup is a CAI. Im aware some people had trouble with specific CAIs (claiming piping diameter that confused the ECU) but I dont see how a CAI by nature could be at fault.

And the colder the air coming in, the colder it is when it hits the engine, regardless. Some say the temperature difference isnt enough to matter, but its certainly measurable.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I just ordered the Injen CAI... it should get here by wednesday or thursday and ill put it in that weekend, so ill let u know how it is... I know a guy in cali who has it on his sti, and he said it runs great.... we'll see...

·
Registered
126 Posts
correct me if im wrong, but isnt the stock intake rated up to 500hp? not worth the couple hundred dollars for 5hp imo. just my opinion.

Kyle R

1 - 6 of 6 Posts