IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know how soon, but my dealer is usually on the conservative side with things. I just got this email from him....

Rob
This is Chris Larson at Jim Miller Subaru. Subaru is close to releasing the
pricing for the 2004 SRX STi but they are wanting to know what color choice
you are considering (white, black, silver, blue), and what color BBS wheels
you would prefer silver or gold. Pricing should follow very soon. Thank you
for your patience.
Thanks
Chris Larson
Jim Miller Subaru

Take it at face value....but maybe we are close......

·
Registered
46 Posts
HELL YEAH! I hope it comes soon! but I'm still saving for this car for a good down payment :lol: so really i think i can wait till May..... :cry: been waiting this long..RIGHT.... :roll:

·
Registered
359 Posts
The Canadian price isn't suppposed to be released for another month... I figure they are waiting to see how many pre-orders they are getting to decide. Anyone else have a take on why it's taking so long?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Irvine Subaru hasn't sent me anything. I have to drop in once a month just to make sure i'm still on the list and everything is "on track."

Keep us posted CloneGTS! :D It seems your dealership actually cares about the customer.

·
Registered
631 Posts
UK does not get DCCD?

Ohh, Ohhhhh. I do tooo!!! :cry:

Yeah, we will probably have pricing in a 4 to 6 weeks. We just got the WRX/RS/TS pricing and they will arrive in about 6 weeks, plus or minus. So, concluding the same time frame, we should know around mid to late April for STi's.

As for why Subaru isn't letting the cat out of the bag yet is probably a few reasons. First is because Subaru is just that way. They usually keep everything new under wraps until the car shows up. They are just quiet like that.
Second is probably because of the current competition situation. The Evo is now available. In fact, we have THREE here for sale on the lot. Anyway, does Subaru want to let the price out of the bag now so that people can think about wether or not an STi for $33k is worth waiting for and worth more than an Evo VIII for $31k that is available now?

No, they don't. Subaru won't let us know until very close to release so that people do sit and think for months on end about the $$$. They want the price followed by the car followed by the sale.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
well i have good news, i just found out today!!!!
um i know that in a few weeks they are realsing the price as well as my check is gunna be cashed, and for soa to meet the demands for this car there moving the first 3 months of allocations to the first to meet the demands as i was told from soj from the inside word.....

so i guess here comes the time bomb to the price realease! :wink:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FasStAsS_sTi said:
well i have good news, i just found out today!!!!
um i know that in a few weeks they are realsing the price as well as my check is gunna be cashed, and for soa to meet the demands for this car there moving the first 3 months of allocations to the first to meet the demands as i was told from soj from the inside word.....

so i guess here comes the time bomb to the price realease! :wink:
I'm guessing that was meant to say the first 3 months worth of allocations were going to arrive all at once in the first month......??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Austin Subraru backs out on deals with deposits!!! WARNING!

i pray the STi isnt over 32... hit 33 and it starts to he do distant from the evo

-Shahul

·
Registered
46 Posts
well same here but right now i'm just praying that my car is coming to me like the dealer said it would...and hope that i'm third in line like he said i am..unless this dealer is gonna mess me over cause i'm a girl... :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
yea that is correct clone, they say there going to try to fit in the first 3 months of allocations on the first becasue of the high demand, so if your on the list, dont worry you wil be getting a car!

as to the price well i guess a few weeks, more then likly in april though, becasue my check is going to clear around the 12th of the month....but i highly doubt it will be the end of this month, but then again i could be wrong....

so i guess we'll wait out and see!!! :D

btw i got a contract for 1k under msrp!!! :lol:

·
Registered
541 Posts
4MLA1FN said:
alfredob1 said:
Evo is between 28k and 31k depending on options.
not including the mega-dollar markups (as much as $10k) that some have reported in california.
The base price of the Evo is closer to $29k than to $28k ($28,987), but markups in CA have gone as high as $20k. There's a thread around here somewhere about some dealer in San José trying to pull that one. $51k for an Evo...

·
Registered
83 Posts
This might just be wishful thinking, but next week is the Denver Auto show. Since Colorado seems to have the biggest subie following, and I believe the largest Subie volume dealers in the country, perhaps they will release the pricing here. Nothing exciting ever happens at our auto show, so I wouldn't put money on it, but the timing just seems right. And 6-8 weeks just doesn't seem like "very soon" to me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts