IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im completly stock and want to go stage 2 but before i protune, i need a little bit of help. i want to add as many bolts on that will help me gain hp and tq, while im on stage two. Im also looking to upgrade the turbo next summer so, these parts should be able to work with the upgraded turbo.
so far on my list is was DP/TBE/INTAKE, Im new to the STi world coming from hondas. So, you guy can call me a newb, but not on modding ;) . What could u guy add to my list that u seen add hp and tq. thanks in advance

· Premium Member
4,158 Posts
your list is fine, I would add headers to that list. The rest of the items you will need for a bigger turbo, (fuel pump, injectors,etc...) will need to be tuned with the new turbo for max efficency.

· Registered
2,678 Posts
kinda off topic, but if you plan on getting a fmic for your future turbo upgrade, you should make sure that the intake you are getting will work with it. it'll save you some cash and the hassle of having to buy a new intake.

· Premium Member
1,344 Posts
You're gunna need a retune after you get a new turbo, so might as well get as many of the supporting mods as possible if you can afford it.

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was looking into ARS CAI 70MM any input?, with the header, i heard it was expensive and with the wrong chose it could make the exhaust note lose its rumble. I wanna get a nice deep rumble but when i get on her i what it to be heard also. I was also reading on meth but that looks like i should take my time doing my research or if anybody has so good quick input on that subject. that would be great. thanks in advance

· Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Research is good. It will answer almost all your questions, about rumble, meth, and mods in general...

· Registered
228 Posts
Headers is a hot button tpic from my limited experience. I am getting an equal length APS header. It's $1,000 plus installation. I will change the sound, but I don't care. I was told by the tuner that the EL header is good for 20 whp and tq. There is also word that the APS header is prone to cracking, but that APS stand behind any that do.

Some people claim they are not worth the money. Some claim that an equal length header will make the STI sound like a Honda. Just look around in this forum and you will see a lot of discussion on the topic.

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i have done research and did find answer i was looking for and didn't not answers at the same time. EL(never heard of) header will add 20 hp/tq but will i keep the rumble at the same time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.