IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a clarion vrx935vd and I check the space in back for the radio, there is no way you can fit the brain inside. where everyone put it under the steering column or under passenger seats which I got in mind. anyone?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have an alpine iva-c801 and my friend and i installed the brain for the headunit underneath the drivers side seat. it came out real clean.

·
Registered
365 Posts
we velcroed the brain to the floor instead. there are also 2 vents underneath the seat. you can use duct tape to block it off so the air doesnt blow onto the wires.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally took some pictures :) enjoy!

I switch it because the hot air is blowing to the tv when you open it :)

I just put some zip tight for now,I hide it under the seats instead on the carpet.

You have to stick your head in the front seat down and pull back it all the way to see the brain.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
simon13elmont said:
Dude... how much do you charge for general admission? Matinee?
:evil: Don't worry about okay!!! I'll do what ever I want in my car, kids love okay!! :x get someone to pick on and don't be an A$$!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
whoa whoa.. calm down there. i dont think he was trying to insult you at all. i dont even see how you took it as an insult. maybe im missing something? i think hes saying you have a cool system, and that having the tv is sweet (hence charging money to see your awesome setup). take a chill pill dude

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
nice setups..
Now, I wanna hear the votes... Who puts their monitors in lower bay or upper bay (covers most of the air ducts)

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Re: the headers

Here's my setup - 7 inch lcd fits perfectly in the 2DIN slot. It's connected to my computer in the trunk.

·
Registered
56 Posts
wow.. that is pretty sick wi77iam. what are those little LEDs on the side? How hard was that to put in? And whats that round silver thing by the lighter plug? I'm assuming that it is to control the computer. Is the comp hooked up to a sound system? I'd love to get some more info on how you did all of that, your setup, etc.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have an in-dash DVD/LCD flip-up screen. I put mine in the upper bay. It seemed too low in the lower slot to view the screen. I have a custom sub enclosure in the trunk up against the back of the rear seat back. I have my brain mounted on the sub enclsure facing the rear seat. There are 2 1x1 steel supports that the rear seat back mounts against. My brain was thin enough to fit in between them and not intrude the seat back. Just my $.02 Here are some pics of my car and system. I still need to put more up.

My STi

Jim[/url]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts