IW STi Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya,

Thanks to the Gran Turismo series (Which originated in Japan) I became a fan of the Sti. It's one of the best "Bang for your buck" cars in the game. It's almost cheating to use it cause of how quickly it can be aquired.

In GT1, I can beat the game using the Impreza entirely =). Do the licences and get all golds on the b and a. Take the cars they give you and sell them, then buy your Impreza. Upgrade it as you go and BAM! GT2 and 3 are different stories but still, I always strive to buy a WR Blue Impreza first. And just recently I found in GT3 that beating the Pro All-Star's race gives you a 25% chance of winning a Red Impreza Sti with enhanced horsepower (326 HP) while still street legal. Red is interesting to see.

Anyone else had as much fun as me driving the Sti in GT3?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Hell Yeah..

My friend can't figure out why I keep beating him. He drives the Camaro SS. :lol:
:grin:

JJ

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi

Heya,

Thanks to the Gran Turismo series (Which originated in Japan) I became a fan of the Sti. It's one of the best "Bang for your buck" cars in the game. It's almost cheating to use it cause of how quickly it can be aquired.

In GT1, I can beat the game using the Impreza entirely =). Do the licences and get all golds on the b and a. Take the cars they give you and sell them, then buy your Impreza. Upgrade it as you go and BAM! GT2 and 3 are different stories but still, I always strive to buy a WR Blue Impreza first. And just recently I found in GT3 that beating the Pro All-Star's race gives you a 25% chance of winning a Red Impreza Sti with enhanced horsepower (326 HP) while still street legal. Red is interesting to see.

Anyone else had as much fun as me driving the Sti in GT3?
an old blast from the past.i love it!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
lol and still around 300hp....after 7 freaking years.

·
Premium Member
4,102 Posts
Yeah I happen to be browsing for after market parts and fellow STi enthusiasts one day in '04 and happen to come across this site and well the rest is history. Yes, I too had the whole GT1-2-3-4 thing going

·
lurking Subaru whore
826 Posts
All the GT games were great except the black sheep:

Gran Turismo 4...

Trash with the look of treasure...

GT4's flaws: YouTube - Gran Turismo 4 - The Fake Driving Simulator

Enthuia's pwnage: YouTube - Enthusia - The Superior Driving Simulator

OK, I admit, video games have influenced my love for cars, Subarus and most especially the STI. (But it was Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3/Shutoku Battle) that pulled me into liking the STI. And whadya know, Enthusia has a connection to Subaru *gasp*

Subaru Drive Performance Magazine : Subaru Performance News
http://www.driveperformance.subaru.com/pics/issue2_1/news_wrx.jpg

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I think it was GT2 that made me fall in love for Subaru. Had it not been for that game I would have never of bought a Impreza! That is saying a lot.

I remember too my very first time... :) It was for a lic test, can't remember which one but you have to take an 2.5RS Impreza a red one around a tight track, you have to do so many laps under a set time. So was it GT2? Can any one confirm that? I no longer have the game. :(

I believe this is the oldest thread I seen brought back to life, it just goes to show some people know how to use that search button.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts