IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so Ive got a 2006 STI, and need A rear seat with passthrough for the winter. I have a question fellas, do you know if an 04 WRX Rear seat will fit my 06 STI rear??

just wondering if they changed anything?

Thanks fellas

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JJ18Sniper said:
I'm pretty sure It'll fit John, but the color will not match!

P.S did you change your AIM handle? PM me.

Hey thanks John! Yeah, its not gonna match, but what the heck, i just need it to toss the board in for some winter trips

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
scubadiver424 said:
Hey thanks John! Yeah, its not gonna match, but what the heck, i just need it to toss the board in for some winter trips
If you don't get lucky and find a seller... you might just want to fork it out to Japanparts and get it from Japan. Not the best choice money wise, but certainly effective.

·
Premium Member
3,319 Posts
Yeah, I think I am going to have to go this route as well this winter. It is going to annoy me without the matching color.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just looked, 623.00 off of japan parts, and thats without shipping, Im in a pickle here fellas, might just have to go with the WRX seat, its only for a couple months...

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
scubadiver424 said:
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just looked, 623.00 off of japan parts, and thats without shipping, Im in a pickle here fellas, might just have to go with the WRX seat, its only for a couple months...
geez, didn't realize they were that pricey! Keep your eyes peeled on JDMPartsTX.com as well. They often get JDM takeoffs cheap.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Rear seat idea

I am in the same situation, need pass thru on 06 sti. Anybody try taking a WRX seat back with pass through and put STI color fabric on it? Anybody know if matching fabric is available? The different color would drive me nuts, as would shelling out $800 (w/ shippiing) for JDM.

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Just a thought... Do we have enough interest to possibly look for a GroupBuy price from Japanparts.com?

I was part of the Rear Spat group buy, and that went well. Maybe we should gauge some interest. If so, I'll do some contacting.

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Atomic said:
Depends on the price. Best I have found, shipped to me is around $500 and that was out of Canada.

Good point. I didn't take into enough consideration the shipping and handling. That very well alone could be over $100.

·
Registered
214 Posts
interested, lets see what kind of deal we can get with a group buy

JJ18Sniper said:
Just a thought... Do we have enough interest to possibly look for a GroupBuy price from Japanparts.com?

I was part of the Rear Spat group buy, and that went well. Maybe we should gauge some interest. If so, I'll do some contacting.

·
3,296 Posts
I got a JDM rear STi seat with the passthrough from Kingpin a while ago. It was under $300 with freight shipping. I also got the rear seat/trunk trim from an RS from someone on NASIOC to finish off the trunk so it looked nice and finished. I highly recommend it.

I also see the rear seats pop up on jdmpartstx.com a lot, he had 2 of them on there not too long ago. E-mail jdmpartstx.com and ask if they can get any more in for you. You can try contacting Kingpin as well to see if they have any in stock.

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
I'll see if I can get in touch with Graham @ Japanparts... but I can't expect it to be cheap if they already sell for 600+ not including shipping.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Man I have 2 yards of sweeeeet blue perf alcantara sitting here for my back seat and I just cant stand to waste it on the regular seat if I could put it on one with a passthru. At $100 a yard i really don't want to ever try to do it again later!

·
Premium Member
3,319 Posts
What if we went through a Canadian dealer and just ordered the upper half of the rear seat and not get the bottom portion.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.