IW STi Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone here was able to read the write up of the 700hp STi in Import Tuner Magazine this past month?

This article stated it made over 700hp at the crank with a GT35R / 720cc injectors / and a single Walboro.

Just wondering what peoples thoughts were about this car/article?

Howard

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
wrx23x said:
I think i saw it. Was the crawford sti?

Had a crawford sticker on it....

Im only bringing this up because I havent seen a set of 720cc injectors and a single walboro produce more than 630whp on a more efficient engine then an EJ unless your trying for 16volts and 75psi base fuel pressure...even then the Walboro would catch fire! lol

·
Registered
815 Posts
I haven't seen this one...Saw the turbotrix methanol sti though in Dsport. I think they claimed like between 850-1000 hp, but I haven't seen any numbers on that.

·
I'm Jim Halpert
8,245 Posts
have the issue right here, read the article, yes its a crawford motor w/e and yes it has 700 crank hp

·
Registered
890 Posts
haha, 700chp with 720's, i've only heard of crawford pulling this off and they never seem to prove it either. Crawford also converts whp to chp by some math conversion or something like that, which is rediculous. That's why i never believe magazines, they ALWAYS say a car makes more hp then it really does. Like my buddies car that was in dsport last last year (APS TT 350Z) it said he put down 540whp, but it really put down 450whp. They said 540whp because it was dyno'd on a dyno dynamics, so they assumed that on a dynojet it would have been another 100whp. Magazines LIE and i know for a fact they do.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
STimo said:
haha, 700chp with 720's, i've only heard of crawford pulling this off and they never seem to prove it either. Crawford also converts whp to chp by some math conversion or something like that, which is rediculous. That's why i never believe magazines, they ALWAYS say a car makes more hp then it really does. Like my buddies car that was in dsport last last year (APS TT 350Z) it said he put down 540whp, but it really put down 450whp. They said 540whp because it was dyno'd on a dyno dynamics, so they assumed that on a dynojet it would have been another 100whp. Magazines LIE and i know for a fact they do.

Magazines only use the info that the customer/shop supply.

And 720cc injectors are not large enough for any more than 500whp unless its 13 afr....800ccs will get you over 500whp.

Its just funny when there is not many shops doing high horsepower cars some feel the need to stretch the truth to get jobs...thats all

Im sure the Turbotrix car is capable but I dont think it was finished yet in the article.

850whp is going to need alot of fuel...4 1600cc injectors at 80% duty....base 65psi fuel pressure and a pump from hell..like a Weldon 2035. Street cars dont have these items...unless it looks like my Civic which is very far from a street car..lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
AR Fab said:
Magazines only use the info that the customer/shop supply.

And 720cc injectors are not large enough for any more than 500whp unless its 13 afr....800ccs will get you over 500whp.

Its just funny when there is not many shops doing high horsepower cars some feel the need to stretch the truth to get jobs...thats all

Im sure the Turbotrix car is capable but I dont think it was finished yet in the article.

850whp is going to need alot of fuel...4 1600cc injectors at 80% duty....base 65psi fuel pressure and a pump from hell..like a Weldon 2035. Street cars dont have these items...unless it looks like my Civic which is very far from a street car..lol
Not entirely true. I've heard of several accounts where a mag will make up or guess how much power a car is making. I have no stake in crawford and could careless, but they are starting to post their WHP numbers over at NASIOC so they are getting a little better. The 720cc injector issue is nothing new either and they always get called on it at nasioc as well.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Crawford/I-Speed said:
If you would like to see the dyno graph and more info on this car, please follow this link; http://www.crawfordperformance.com/results/db_part_info.cgi?id=15
let's make some assumtions here...

so, that dyno plot you have on that page, are the light lines a stock sti ?
if so, i find it hard to believe that a gt35r makes more power in the lower rpm range than a stocker. nowhere on that plot does the gt35r lag behind the vf39 like it would on any other plot i've seem.

so... "i don't buy it".

J.

·
Premium Member
4,416 Posts
TheMadScientist said:
Umm one big thing that effects the size of the injector/Fuel pressure needed is:

THE FUEL USED

TMS
Ding ding ding ding. Give that guy a cookie :)

Also need to point out here that adding meth injection will make a significant difference in the size of the injector that can be used.

t

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.