IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
This guys sounds like an absolute putz.

"No exhaust is needed."

"Cool....a J-Spec downpipe and exhaust." Yeah, does that have a bellmouth and flow thru cat/exhaust, or are you just the typical "Japanese parts are cool" crowd?

"We pulled the intake filter and lost power. That's no good." Reset the ECU you numbnuts!

"I set the DCCD to LOCK on the drag strip". Well, either you know exactly nothing about what LOCK means, or you don't understand the fastest way to drive a 1/4.

A C6 Vette....hope that's a mistype. Either that, or the concept Vette's are running autox's for R&D.

"I want a better clutch, side feed injectors suck, and drive-by-wire (that's throttle by wire stud!) isn't cool"

Right-o......now I remember why I let that subscription go! :roll:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thursday?

Newbie alert. At this point in my affair with the STi I'll read anything. what the hey - I liked the pictures. I was sick of reading all of the other rags on how the Subie came #2 (but oh so close), except in the sidebars where some of the reviewers admitted that for their everyday driver (like me) they'd choose the STi.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I like how other drivers were 'excepting' challenges ... seems to me like I would want to ACCept a challenge.

Man, I realize these guys are only from importtuners, but if you write a car mag you better at least know about the car (DCCD) when you drive it .... let alone know about your competition. I'm from Michigan and see C6 protos doing testing every day, and I can tell you that they sure aren't out in San Diego doing AutoXs in camo!

Sorry .... just had to vent.

Back to your regularly scheduled STi driving ....

·
Registered
542 Posts
Sti OEM mats here...

Overall, I like the article. It was entertaining at best. The RSR downpipe and exhaust numbers caught my attention. I might start checking out some exhaust upgrades. :)

ps - CloneGTS.... So its best recommended to reset your ECU if you add an aftermarket intake to your car??? Is this done by disconnecting your battery? Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts