IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the STi to Bandimere (1/4 mile 5800ft elevation)

Swapped with a platinum silver 02 2.5RS. Changed over trunk, lock, torsion bars and third brake light. Pretty straight forward, took about 45 minutes. Haven't installed the third brake light yet. What do ya think?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
It's different....that's for sure. Very clean looking.

I dunno...I like it....but I just can't feel an STi without the rally look.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I like it, myself. I love the dip in the rear deck lid.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yo Azninside, You gotta do something about that prelude. I mean I am Honda guy myself. I have an Integra. Soon to be an STI! Actually I susbscribed to Honda tuning and now I am going to have to switch to Sport compact car! Get that pic otta here man!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Scuba_Steve said:
Swapped with a platinum silver 02 2.5RS...
my condolences. :) looks exactly like a "regular" my04 wrx, which i think looks quite good. all you need to do now is put in some fogs and no few will suspect the wolf in the sheep's clothing. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts

To each his own I guess, but you need something on the back. With just the big scoop it looks unbalanced. If you get rid of the wing then the scoop has to go too.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I like it. It's nice to see a non-ricey mod like that. You're definitely going to be able to sneak up on & smoke some unsuspecting Vettes (non-Z06, of course).

I don't think it's unbalanced, it looks more classy imho. Of course, it's hard to use that word about our car. :lol: I kinda like the S202 spoiler, too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So. Calif at MSRP ?

i wonder if removing the rear wing will affect handling and aerodynamics at freeway speeds.

hopefully we'll find out.

keep us posted.

M

·
0 Posts
That looks so sweet! All you need now is to FM your intercooler and put on the RS hood, :)

Seriously though, I really like the wingless look. It totally brings out different lines in the car that are otherwise obscured by the wing.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Scuba_Steve said:
Got up to about 145mph the other day, car felt as stable as ever :lol: .
But did you try taking any turns?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I like it!!!! I like it alot....wow... this has got my little brain turning... let me know what it's like a t top speeds... I love the Rally look of the wing, but where I live it's like painting a bullseye on your car. I was planning on de-badging to avoid the inevitable, but I think I might go one step further. Very clean job. Post picks with the third light, that could look really good/ bad. (that will prob determine it for me)

Very Nice!!!!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts