IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
almost all of page one was people selling their STIs?? who would do such a thing. putting their babies out on the street like that!?

gota do what you gota do i guess.

·
Registered
13,679 Posts
<----- Very lightly modded, plan to keep the car for a long while. :)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Peleg said:
<----- Very lightly modded, plan to keep the car for a long while. :)
I do as well. i'm already figuring out how i'm going to get it off my daily driver and into the project car mode. difference in my project is i'm building an autoX and maybe road course car. once you get it built the way you want it...thats when the fun begins.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
This also recently happened to my friend:

They swap turbos and then the nightmares begin... As a newb to the subaru scene it seems like as soon as someone deviates from the stock turbo setup things start going wrong and the car ends up becoming a money pit.. in turn the guys get fed up with it with it not running right/breaking and end up parting out or trying to toss the modded setup..

With that said i dont plan on upgrading the turbo... the most i will do is meth injection and thats not likely. I dont have that kinda cash to throw around on a motor.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
i think people who mod cars to within an inch of the car's life then sell are chasing an ever elusive high that each new mod satiates and then wears off....soon they have thousands into the car but it wont get them high anymore so its time to move on to another car. Piles of cash are made by vendors off such people and they are great to follow around if you are looking to pick up parts cheap or buy an already tricked out car.

I heard someone was working on a 12step plan for this kind person but they were last seen being duct taped and forced into a candy apple red Supra with neon underglow and HKS decals all over it. Others say the crowd at Turbo Magazine might know something about this persons disappearance.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
People sell cars for various reasons. They get all hyped up on the newest thing coming out so they sell what they have and buy the newest one. Just like when people were selling thier 04 STIs for an 05s. That type of thinking I just don't get. If I'm going to sell mine its going to be a total revamp making more HP than the previous one. I might be in the market for an 08 if things look promising.

They also sometimes get tired of the bumpy ride, engine noise, loud exhaust note, and raceboy image and would rather have leather heated seats, a sunroof and a navagation system, so they get a luxury car.

Then other times they watch videos of another manufactures car making crazy WHP, and hanging with crotch rockets on the highway. Then they hear and read that this car is "cheaper" to mod so they buy in. Then they only realize that they have to buy twice as many mods to make it that fast and it breaks all the time and the manufacture won't warranty anything so they end up with a money pit that they supposedly love to own, but inside they are to proud to admit that they made a mistake and should have just kept thier previous car because the crazy WHP one they watched in the cool videos didn't mention that it was making that crazy WHP with about $15K in mods and drives around on $13 a gallon C16.

I have a heavily modded STI, and I enjoy the piss out of it. I don't beat the crap out of it on a daily basis. I think a lot of guys with heavily modded STI's just end up beating on them to hard, and they don't go to a good tuner, which results in problems. I've learned a lot by modding my car and will continue to do so in the ever quest to be faster, more nimble and just for the enjoyment. When I do decide to switch cars and sell mine, I will be selling all of my mods and putting the car back to stock so I'll have some money to start modding the new one. I think people are crazy to try to sell thier car with the mods for no more than what the car is worth. In the end all you are really doing is investing in an object that only depreciates in value.

All of the above are just my opinion so take them with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I don't think I'll be selling my STI within the next...oh...lets say...10 years. Me and my Rexy aren't parting ways unless one of the following happens:

1. The new '08 STI is extremely awesome beyond reason, and extremely safe with curtain airbags, stability control, and crazy nonsense that doesn't make it cost more than $34K.
2. Rexy gets into an accident and is totaled and even then I'd still try to repair her
3. Rexy gets stolen :(

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I don't mind people selling, since im shopping soon. Just no one lie to me if it's been modded and u say it hasn't. u catch herpes from jesus by lying.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.