IW STi Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
BM_STi said:
Go with some Yokohama Advan Neova AD07 tires! They are as sticky as R specs tires, but still have a treadwear rating of 180. Trust me when I say they are the best all around tires including a little bit of wet driving. I've pushed them very hard in the twisties and did not have one bit of squeel coming from them. Completely awesome tires! :)
Heh, check out my incar with the AD07:

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthread.php?p=807540#post807540

They will HOWL, like a street tire should, lol :lol:

The wheels I got from Robert @ Staticx. and yes I did get the 25 mm offset to be safe. My flex were not working very well for my purposes as I would lift my rear inside wheel through almost every hard turn and the car would start hopping around because the differentials were freaking out. I plan on 295 v710s so hopefully I won't have to mess w/ fenders too much with the stiff rates I will be running. I don't know for sure but won't you have the same problem with lifting the rear inside with those soft rates? Maybe the Tein just suck at these kind of extreme levels of grip. I will keep you updated of my progress the next couple of weeks.

I hope the KW's have a little more droop travel than the Teins.

I'll also be either setting my Whiteline bar at it's softest or plan taking it off and putting the stock one back on.

about the tires, the basic rule is 275 fits no problem. once you go bigger be prepared to pull some fenders, you will propbably only have clearance issues with the front bumper and front fender.

I'm not sure on the technique to pull that part of the body. Post up in the wide tire talk thread on nasioc, if you need a link j/ tell me.

crystalhelix's car had 275 V710s in the pic I posted.

"Wide" tire talk thread

this thread is proof that you can learn stuff on nabisco (me as the example :lol: ), warning it's 20 pages on non noob settings.

crystalhelix starts talking about running the big tires ~ page 12 (non noob settings) I think.

evilSTi7 said:
you can get the rpf-1's in 17x8.5 in +40 for 5x114.3. it's not the best offset ever but its not bad. and they weigh 16lbs so you can't beat that.
Just for clarification.

Fn01rc is ~17lbs.
Compared to the rpf1 +40 the fno1rc will stick out 3mm more than the rpf1 +40.

It is a very comparable wheel. But, i will say, the rpf1 comes in a nice gold color that i wish the 5zigens had.

dailydriversti said:
Just for clarification.

Fn01rc is ~17lbs.
Compared to the rpf1 +40 the fno1rc will stick out 3mm more than the rpf1 +40.

It is a very comparable wheel. But, i will say, the rpf1 comes in a nice gold color that i wish the 5zigens had.

plus the only RPF1s you can get in gold are "Subaru Specific" fitments, which currently doesn't include any 5x114.3. :( I'm waiting for the proper offset/bolt pattern to come out as we speak.

(Note: yes in Japan you can get the 17x9.5 +38mm in gold but it isn't possible for any US vendor to source these).

Oops, fixed :D

Contact Japanparts.com, they were able to source me 17x9 +45 rpf1s (which do not clear brembos).....they might be able to get 17x9.5s

The color....i'm really not sure, i don't remember :( :p

dailydriversti said:
Oops, fixed :D

Contact Japanparts.com, they were able to source me 17x9 +45 rpf1s (which do not clear brembos).....they might be able to get 17x9.5s

The color....i'm really not sure, i don't remember :( :p
the 17x9.5 +38mm doesn't clear the brembos either. :(

T3h_Clap said:
the 17x9.5 +38mm doesn't clear the brembos either. :(
Oh.......well, so much for that then :( :notsure:

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.