1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLUS
Mich's Cups OR
RA-1's

WWYD? and why? PS- This is not my daily driver, Weekends and track events.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Go with some Yokohama Advan Neova AD07 tires! They are as sticky as R specs tires, but still have a treadwear rating of 180. Trust me when I say they are the best all around tires including a little bit of wet driving. I've pushed them very hard in the twisties and did not have one bit of squeel coming from them. Completely awesome tires! :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^ Thank's. I am going to check on these(Yokohama Advan Neova AD07) as an option.

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
9,936 Posts
i have not doubt the advan's are good, but i seriously doubt on the track they will perform as well as r-comps. i think the michelin cups and those 17'' enkie rpf-1's would be a killer combo.

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
only downside is Enkei doesn't make a properly sized RPF1 in our bolt pattern

a good alternative is the 17x9 +43mm FN01RC (5zigen).

and there is no way the AD07s are as sticky as a good set of A048s.

·
Registered
674 Posts
BM_STi said:
Go with some Yokohama Advan Neova AD07 tires! They are as sticky as R specs tires, but still have a treadwear rating of 180. Trust me when I say they are the best all around tires including a little bit of wet driving. I've pushed them very hard in the twisties and did not have one bit of squeel coming from them. Completely awesome tires! :)
Xeleventy! Great on the track too! ^_^ Another set of these will go on the STi when the RE070s are dead. But for that level of grip you're looking at, I'd also say the Advan A048 would be better for comparison to the Pilot Sport Cups.

·
9,936 Posts
T3h_Clap said:
only downside is Enkei doesn't make a properly sized RPF1 in our bolt pattern

a good alternative is the 17x9 +43mm FN01RC (5zigen).

and there is no way the AD07s are as sticky as a good set of A048s.
you can get the rpf-1's in 17x8.5 in +40 for 5x114.3. it's not the best offset ever but its not bad. and they weigh 16lbs so you can't beat that.

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
evilSTi7 said:
you can get the rpf-1's in 17x8.5 in +40 for 5x114.3. it's not the best offset ever but its not bad. and they weigh 16lbs so you can't beat that.

if you have the suspension to handle that low of an offset and a decent sized tire (255) you might as well buy a 9" wide wheel that is only 1lb or 2 heavier (cheaper too).

I really wish the 17x9.5 +38mm RPF1 cleared our brakes!!

that and a 18x8 +45mm 5x114.3 in Gold :D

·
9,936 Posts
i doubt you'd ever be able to fit a 9.5'' rim on the sti. and even if you did you'd never, ever be able to fit a properly sized tire on that.

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
evilSTi7 said:
i doubt you'd ever be able to fit a 9.5'' rim on the sti. and even if you did you'd never, ever be able to fit a properly sized tire on that.
define fit?

this is for autox so a little poke if neccessary is ok.

they'll fit, I'm just waiting on my coilovers to come in.

but 9.5" is too small.

you'll see, just wait.

on and 275/40 17 V710s are the tire of choice :D

·
9,936 Posts
T3h_Clap said:
define fit?

this is for autox so a little poke if neccessary is ok.

they'll fit, I'm just waiting on my coilovers to come in.

but 9.5" is too small.

you'll see, just wait.

on and 275/40 17 V710s are the tire of choice :D
i think its going to poke more than just a little :lol: but i'll wait and see how your stuff turns out.

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
evilSTi7 said:
i think its going to poke more than just a little :lol: but i'll wait and see how your stuff turns out.
come on, now.

it really wont be that bad.

once i get the coilovers on I need to test fit my current 275s, and if they fit I'll then know how low of an offset i can run on the 10" wheels.

:D

heres an example,

crystalhelix's car on nasioc.

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
evilSTi7 said:
dont you think your going to get some serious rubbing though?
nope, as long as the fender doesn't compress on to the tire I'll be fine.

stiff springs will do it.

that's what proper size and offset will do for you.

the pic i post is the 17x10 +25mm

I hope to run the higher offset one, but I wont be able to decide until I have the coilovers on.

·
Registered
400 Posts
teh clap,

are those the 17x10" fno1r's? If so I just ordered the very same wheels. I have Tein Flex on my car at the moment but will be replaced with advanced design racing shocks and 700lb springs in the front and 550 in the rear. These coilover's are stompy's old set so I anticipate no rubbing and more importantly no lifting the rear inside tire. I am assuming that you are running BSP?

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
yes sir BSP FTW!, did you get the +25mm offset?

Crystalhelix ran 315s on these wheels and only needed minor front fender bumper pulling to clear it.

I'll be on some KW V3s w/ ~8.5k/f 6.5k/r

where did you find them?

also, crystalhelix is on Tein Flex's currently.

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Trifecta said:
^^ Thank's. I am going to check on these(Yokohama Advan Neova AD07) as an option.
I have the neova AD07, it is good, no doubt, however its NOT an R-comp and the RA1 and whatnot will be much quicker!

But then again, as a street tire you can drive it around all the time, so its your call if you just use the car for tracking and will switch the wheels when need, etc.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts