1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2005 Aspen White STI.
~12,500 miles.

Overview
No accidents, no tracking, no auto-crossing, no hacking, no tuning experiments, no big turbos…just a super clean, lightly modded STI.

The car has the following modifications:

Performance:
Cobb Access-port running a stage 2 program.
Perrin 3” catless TBE with the single tip, divorced downpipe design.
Turbocharger wastegate ported and polished by P&L when TBE installed.
MIL eliminator
API CAI – wrinkle red

Body/Visual
WRX sides with WRX rear strakes
GReddy front lip
Yellow headlight tint
Smoke taillight tint over clear portion
35% Llumar lifetime tint all around
Exhaust finisher above tailpipe.
De-badged rear trunk save for STI logo
A little black STI plate over the front license plate bracket
17x8.5 Bronze Rota Subzeros with 245/45-17 Toyo Proxy4’s. Set has about 10k on it. Three wheels flawless, small curb rash on one wheel.
Your choice of either the stock STI shift knobbie, or the Kartboy metal shift knobbie with the blue Kartboy insert. I have kept a knobbie from each car I have owned as a memento, so only one :)
Center console armrest extension

Audio
Professionally installed by Sounds Deluxe, Westmont.
Alpine CDA-7894 HU – XM/MP3, V-drive amp.
XM processor with antennae, fully set up for an XM subscription
Alpine Type S 10” in a removable sealed enclosure
Phoenix Gold Amplifier 100.2 amplifier powering the sub.
Quality audio wiring from the battery with fuses (its even red, so it probably adds 10hp :) )

Parts INCLUDED in the sale price
Stock STI BBS rims with OEM tires, the set has maybe 2500 miles on it, and are **flawless**. I took them off the car about a month after purchase to mount the Rotas.
Stock STI sides, perfect shape
Stock STI front strakes (removed for the GReddy lip)
Stock STI TBE
Stock STI airbox
Stock STI HU
Subaru winter rubber floor mats
JDM Fog covers painted Aspen White (I thought they would fit with the USDM bumber beam…I was wrong).
A set of Hawk HP+ brakes pads…never got around to installing them, but they are quality low dust pads.
Bronze Touch-up paint and clearcoat from Rota for the wheels.

Flaws
Paint flecked off a thumb sized part of the painted GReddy front. Will need to order some touch-up paint to correct.
Paint chip touched-up on front driver fender…dealer delivered the car with it, I can take back to the dealer for repair by their body shop, but I prefer not to.

Why trust me?
A note about myself. I am a 32 year old white collar guy living in the south suburbs of Chicago, this is my 3rd turbo car. My first car was a Audi A4 1.8T (my handle on Audiworld is SameerP) which installed a big turbo kit, suspension, FMIC, the whole deal. My second car, which I still own, is a Flyin Miata turbo’d 1994 Miata (my handle on Miata.net is Lawrider) along with tons of stuff from forged Wilwood brakes to a 4 point roll-bar. I do not post a lot on the Subaru boards, more of a lurker, but I have thousands of posts on Audiworld, and hundreds on Miata.net. I can provide pics of the Miata if needed. My Miata is faster, more nimble, and paid for. I got married in June and bought a house being built for this fall, so I would prefer the small Miata over the STI as my toy. My daily driver is an old Lincoln Mark VIII.

There has been no accidents, no hacking, no boost controllers, no ghetto modifications, no stories. Garaged at home, parked in a covered garage at work. It’s a wonderful car that has never been to the dealer for any repairs or issues. I run Mobil One, OEM filters, do the oil changes myself per the schedule. I broke in the car by giving the motor decent loads at low rpms…I check the oil every 1000 miles and it seems to burn very little, if any oil. Perrin is loud but sounds terrific. I am sure to let the oil warm up before first few miles after start-up. I stay off boost the last several minutes before parking. I usually pop the hood in the garage after drives to help cool off the engine.

Car has never been tracked or auto-crossed, just street driven. Bought the Bronze wheels/tires so I would have a winter set, but I like the look and comfort that I have left them on the car year round. The sub-box is a nice small one that is easily removable, and fills in the music nicely.

All the above (save the CAI) was professionally installed. I am a pretty good wrench, but I decided not to do the work on this car. The go-fast bits from P&L Motorsports, the stereo from Sounds Deluxe in Westmont, and the tint from Shaded Days in Libertyville (please note I did the tail/head lights myself). You are looking at a very well cared for, lightly modded STI which is perfect for an enthusiast. If I were to keep the car I would consider alky injection and a pro-tune.

I am asking $28,000 (obo) for the whole package above which includes the mentioned stock parts. I really do not want to part out the car since I am hoping to find a STI owner who wants the complete package. I am in the Plainfield area, so if you want to meet to see the car, i am right off I-55.

pics:
http://public.fotki.com/Lawrider/sti/

Cheers,
Sameer

·
Registered
930 Posts
Nice ride man.
I would be interested, but it isn't the right timing. I am still 4-6 months from getting something.
good luck with the sale. It will make someone a nice car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Down to $26,500 without the sub-box and sub-amp. I will leave the wiring in, so you can put in your choice of sub/amp combo.

Pics:
http://public.fotki.com/Lawrider/sti/

I can snap more pics upon request.

Give me some feedback, i am surprised there is no interest for a very clean, lightly modded STI in the best color! :) I do have reciepts for everything that will be provided upon sale.

Cheers,
Sameer

·
Registered
18 Posts
WOW:eek: , This is a STEAL!!!! Only if you had posted this up about 4months ago I'll buy this in a heart beat!!! That how much I had paid for mine w/21k on the clock with the prodrive pinks. Free bump for the seller.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.