IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently sold the WRX and have a few items to try and find a new home for.

Aluminati EGR Kit: SOLD
GrimmSpeed EBCS: SOLD
Boomba BPV: SOLD
ETS Intake with Airbox: SOLD

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey bud i just purchased my first STI 2018 of course. 1owner only 30k miles, dealership wouldn't give me his info so i looked him up thru his gmail thru this "android head unit". Only mods are race comp springs, and a sound system. So that makes me feel much better about the motor. Idle keeps moving up and down alittle while sitting.(someone said clean filter and Mass Air flow sensor)Warranty still in affect until February. So i really wanted to do acouple things but would a BoV and/or intake void the warranty? . Ive read also about the first 5 things but that avoids Warranty so that will wait. Sorry im new to this board. if there is an audio section but could you help on this or do you know an audio guy. Radio,backup camera...
20201023_103935.jpg 20201023_103724.jpg 20201023_103845.jpg two USB coming out glove box

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey bud i just purchased my first STI 2018 of course. 1owner only 30k miles, dealership wouldn't give me his info so i looked him up thru his gmail thru this "android head unit". Only mods are race comp springs, and a sound system. So that makes me feel much better about the motor. Idle keeps moving up and down alittle while sitting.(someone said clean filter and Mass Air flow sensor)Warranty still in affect until February. So i really wanted to do acouple things but would a BoV and/or intake void the warranty? . Ive read also about the first 5 things but that avoids Warranty so that will wait. Sorry im new to this board. if there is an audio section but could you help on this or do you know an audio guy. Radio,backup camera...two USB coming out glove box
You are kind of all over the place with your post. This is also one of the parts for sale sub-forums, so you may want to ask this stuff in the appropriate sub-forums (Probably the 2015+ Discussion or General Subaru Discussion).

Regardless, I'll briefly answer what I can. Whether or not a BPV or intake will give you warranty issues is completely up to the dealer and/or car brand (depending on whether you even end up dealing with them). Some dealership service centers don't mind the mods, while others will immediately tell you you're on your own. Regardless of what different companies say about their intakes, they should always be accompanied by a new tune that at least has adjusted the MAF scaling. That's at least my personal experience having seen what happens in the datalogs swapping different intakes.

As for audio, you didn't really ask a question, but rather just showed what you have. The quality of those Android-based units is pretty hit-or-miss. Looks like it has all the standard outputs. What exactly are you wanting to know?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just wanting to know if the unit i got is worth it i heard the OEM one sucks. The dealership is willing to either give me 300 bucks or the OEM radio. Also i am trying tonfind out how to get the backup camera working. I apologized in advanced last message bud

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wanting to know if the unit i got is worth it i heard the OEM one sucks. The dealership is willing to either give me 300 bucks or the OEM radio. Also i am trying tonfind out how to get the backup camera working. I apologized in advanced last message bud
Well, if it does what you need it to then sure, keep it. Especially if you are getting 300 bucks out of the deal. The OEM unit certainly isn't anything great, especially as Subaru shafted everyone with 2018's on down by not offering an update for Android Auto and Apple Carplay (I believe they claimed they would, but I'm sure decided it was a good option to withhold to get people coming back to buy the new models. Honda did the same thing). Just don't plan on relying on it long-term.

You can always use that extra money to put in an actual name brand head unit (I prefer the Pioneer or Alpine stuff) with Android Auto and Apple Carplay as an added bonus.

I'm fairly sure SubiSpeed had a video about hooking up the backup camera to an Android unit. They might even still sell the parts. You could also google search for posts on NASIOC regarding people getting this to work. You aren't alone in having this issue.

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts