1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to make people aware of something that may be happening

panteras said:
Please don’t help spread the virus. :(

Well there have been reports from the Puerto Rico forum that 4 STI's have been stolen. :mad:

So if you see parts on e-bay or know people that are selling parts on the street do not promote that type of activity in the Subaru community. I have not heard from cases like these here in FL yet.

Remember, that if you buy something knowing that it may have a questionable origin, you are contributing to make others a possible target and maybe yourself. If you know of somebody offering parts for sale, please try to make sure that it is a legit part :confused: by asking for information like VIN # or try to make sure that you’re doing business with a serious person. If we do not create the market, there is no business for them. (Note edited from the original thread in Puerto Rico Impreza Club Forum – PRSIC)

original thread

pass it on

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
this is always a concern when it comes to a limited production type of vehicle such as the STi. in reality a bell should go off in all our heads when we see STi parts for sale on E-bay or elsewhere. its just too early to see alot of STi parts up for sale. that and the production run of the STi is so small. i think if someone has STi parts up for sale they should definately have an STi of thier own that they have upgraded. i hate people who steal.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
definitely, I am selling my stock exhaust and I know of a rally shop in Michigan who is selling off the parts that had to be stripped to prep the car for compeition.

Also I learned that the STi mufflers available from the dealers DO NOT have STi stamped into the tips. I guess that would make our mufflers that much more desirable to some people.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts