IW STi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I installed the idoing HU in my 2020 sti base today and everything works fine except that I'm not getting sound out of my front driver side speakers. The speakers aren't blown because when I tried using the SOS function from starlink, audio was coming out from the speakers... it's only when I turn on music I lose audio on my front driver side.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Where did you buy yours? I'm thinking of getting one of these for my 2015 but they seem hard to find.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
aliexpress
Great thank you. Can you tell me one more thing, the part no. perhaps? I looked on that site but had a hard time narrowing down which one I needed. (although one listing I saw said 2016+ which is odd. I have a 2015, not sure why that wouldn't work?)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great thank you. Can you tell me one more thing, the part no. perhaps? I looked on that site but had a hard time narrowing down which one I needed. (although one listing I saw said 2016+ which is odd. I have a 2015, not sure why that wouldn't work?)
I got mine for my 18 sti from WRXdaily, it took about 2-3 weeks to get. It was also very easy to figure out which you needed as it broke them down by Iphone/ android and year of vehicle

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi all, I installed the idoing HU in my 2020 sti base today and everything works fine except that I'm not getting sound out of my front driver side speakers. The speakers aren't blown because when I tried using the SOS function from starlink, audio was coming out from the speakers... it's only when I turn on music I lose audio on my front driver side.
Hmmm...I have one of these also and didn't have this issue. Are you sure you plugged everything the correct place?
I highly recommend checking this video out since I also used it for the install and watching where he plugs everything in. Made it super easy and like I said, I didn't have this issue.

Also, might matter if your on the base audio, or Harmon Audio.

For 2015, you need a different one. I forget why....though...you can search it up on youtube.
This is where I bought mine, the official seller. He has the 2015 one also, just need to find it on his page.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
on the 2015’s the backup camera shows on the MFD instead of the head unit…i had to buy an adapter harness for it to show up on a aftermarket head unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good to know. Do you have any info on that adapter? I hope to buy one of these soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good to know. Do you have any info on that adapter? I hope to buy one of these soon.
send them a email…you have to specify the year make a model and tell them what your plans are…I wanted to put a ‘18 up MFD so it’s a different plug than the 15-17’s
but the adapter harness works just fine…in the end I ended up installing a Alpine F509 head unit instead of idoing…
just a head up the backup camera quality took a hit since on the 2015’s it normally displays on the MFD which is like a 2 inch screen and the Alpine/idoing is 9 inch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello 08dozo, have you resolved this issue? I just installed my Idoing headunit into my 2015 WRX (received the black bezel 2015 model) and have the exact same issue where everything is functional but the sound simply doesn't play out of the front driver side speakers... Plugged in the factory headunit and have full range of sound.

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I am still waiting for mine to show up. I guess UPS lost it and I'm battling to just get a new one sent out. :rolleyes:

I have a 2015 as well. Interested to hear what you find out.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I just installed mine and thought I would share a couple notes for the 2015 STI.

The bezel is very fragile, I had to drill (open up) the 4 HVAC module holes otherwise they can crack and break using the OEM screws.

Font Automotive exterior Bicycle part Auto part Automotive window part

The top part is even more fragile, I removed the part that holds the hazard and MFD toggle button in place and installed that just prior to final hookup. My first bezel was broken on the top two screw attachment points.

Many install videos skip this part, you need to use the OEM antenna. I did not use the iDoing supplied antenna cable.

Lastly for 2015 users if you do not care if the reverse camera remains in the MFD and not displayed on the iDoing then just skip that harness all together. I did not need my reverse camera on both screens. The small MFD is adequate enough for me.

Overall it was pretty easy to install once I realized I didn't need 70% of the cables that came with it hooked up. I only used the mic, GPS antenna, and one USB to the glovebox. Of the OEM cables I used the two main harnesses and antenna. That was it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts