IW STi Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I have a 2011 wrx. My engine light was on so I brought it to my friends work to see what was wrong but when he read it it was all cobb errors that none of us could read due to my tune. He erased the engine light and After that my idle has been as low as 100 rpm. Is it possible that he had erased my tune from the car? I’ve been driving it and it dies sometimes at lights or even when I’m turning at a lower speed. I assume it’s been long enough for my car to relearn the tune as well but I can’t find any other problems or leaks with the car. Help on this would be deeply appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
According to Cobb's access tuner flex fuel tuning guide. Your 3 codes are as follows:

"COBBF - Map Programming Error-
This error is caused by some type of corruption or error within the map that is reflashed to the ECU. Please try a different map or attempt to re-save the map in the latest version of the Accesstuner software. If you continue to have issues, please contact Cobb customer support with a memory snapshot (under Troubleshooting menu on Accessport) when the C0BBF code is present. DO NOT DRIVE OR OPERATE THE CAR IF THIS CODE IS PRESENT. Fatal engine damage can occur. Please have the vehicle towed to your home or preferred Protuner for diagnosis."

"C0BB1 - Ethanol Sensor Voltage Low Input - Enabled if the input voltage is below Ethanol Sensor DTC Limit (Voltage)(Low)(C0BB1 DTC) continuously until Ethanol Sensor DTC Delay (Low)(C0BB1 DTC) expires."

"C0BB4 - Fuel Pressure Sensor Voltage High Input - Enabled if input voltage is below Fuel Pressure Sensor DTC Limit (Voltage)(High)(C0BB4 DTC) continuously until Fuel Pressure Sensor DTC Delay (High)(C0BB4 DTC) expires.

Verify voltage output from the Ethanol module to ECU using Accessport or Accesstuner live connect. Depending on which physical input you've connected the hardware to, check the corresponding Sensor Input Voltage monitor i.e. TGV L, TGV R, or Rear O2.
Is voltage in the appropriate range? COBB's fuel pressure sensor kit uses a 0.5-4.5 V range for normal operation. Other systems may use the full 0-5V range since they don't support error checking.

If you use a 0-5V system with an Accesstuner calibration that does not have the low and high limits set correctly for your hardware, you will throw a code when fuel pressure is in the low or high end of the sensor's range.

While you're at it, check to see if the voltage is sane for the estimated fuel pressure under current conditions. If not, you may have connected the fuel pressure sensor kit to a different input than your calibration expects i.e. hardware hooked up to TGV L and the calibration is set up for it to be hooked to TGV R."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts