IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excerpt from Lawrence Ulrich (email [email protected])[url]http://money.cnn.com/2003/06/02/pf/autos/acura_tsx/index.htm[/url]:

"Sure, those high-strung rally sedans like the Subaru WRX can whip the Acura in pure performance. But underneath the superhero speed and comic-book styling, they're Clark Kent econoboxes. If you're over 30 and drive one, the message you send is that you live in your parents' basement and fight addictions to burritos, video games and Limp Bizkit."
:lol:

To which I replied: "Hey was it you that got your ass smoked by me in my WRX last night? I was wondering what idiot would race me in a Civic, and I wasn't even intending to. Of course since I'm not over 30, your absurd assessment doesn't apply to me. I don't play video games, only eat burritos on occasion, and don't live in my parent's basement. Highly unlikely that will change in the next several months. A piece of advice: don't write about something you obviously know nothing about. Since you're writing for CNNmoney, it would appear that you're supposed to be an expert in finance (though I doubt that now). It's like that commercial says, 'Just because you're an expert in one field, doesn't make you an expert in another.' "

oops. I forgot to add in that email to him that although I enjoy Limp Bizkit's music, I don't consider it an addiction. Don't think I'll go to any of their concerts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Well, since he is writing for cnn money, he sounds like a typical wall street money and image is everything type (can you say American Pyscho? :lol: ), so are you surprised when he makes such an outlandish judgement on the typical sti owner?

·
Registered
410 Posts
That guy is just mad because he can't find a car that makes his dick bigger!! :eek: :lol: :p How many people on this forum who own or are going to own an Impreza make more money than that loser? Alot i'm betting. Peace!!

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chawklit said:
Well, since he is writing for cnn money, he sounds like a typical wall street money and image is everything type (can you say American Pyscho? :lol: ), so are you surprised when he makes such an outlandish judgement on the typical sti owner?
He was talking about a WRX owner...but yeah he'd probably have the same ridiculous comments about the STi. Oh well, I'm over it. Actually I was never really upset, just painfully amused. :lol: Let him drive his stuffy Benz while we blow by him as he reads C&D articles that rate the WRX in the top 10 for the 3rd year running and the STi in it's introduction! :lol:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ha! The funniest thing about the article is that the Acura TSX is just a JDM Honda Accord, which, as we all know, is a Clark Kent econobox. Instead of superhero speed, the TSX gets a nifty "Acura" badge!

I'm over 30, definitely make more money than a magazine staff writer (only editors get the good $$$), hate burritos, own my own home, and don't like Limp Bizkit (or that kind of music). Well, he got me on the videogames. :oops:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts