IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a silver/silver STi parked at the mall (Annapolis MD) yesterday, and my opinion about the looks of this car changed!!! It was drop dead gorgeous!!!! Any ideas on when the '05 STi will hit the showrooms?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Featurewise probably the same..
fixed minor bugs, higher resale value and probably purchase price under MSRP are the positives about '05s..

·
Registered
126 Posts
Higher resale value? Is that because it'll be newer? or because they will be doing things to fix the minor glitches in the 04 model? should I be waiting till the 05? or just take the plunge with the 04? as you can probably tell I'm looking into an STI. hehe

·
Registered
24 Posts
ChosenGsr said:
I am going to get on that list when they start it... I'm gone miss my GSR :cry:
Why do you need to be on a list? There are 5 STi's avaliable for MSRP within driving distance of me right now, just sitting on the lots waitiing for someone to buy them. I'm in Tucson, AZ, and there are 3 in Albuquerque NM, 1 in Prescott AZ and 1 in Show Low AZ, all for MSRP. And the Tucson dealer is still trying to get 2k over MSRP for the one they have on the lot. I plan to buy mine in October or November, and don't really forsee any problem getting one, and I'm not on any list anwhere. I might have to put down a deposit and wait a few weeks if no dealer has one, but I'm guessing that won't be a problem.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
If one waits too long we might run out of gas-just hydrogen fuel cell cars. :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
cgroppi said:
ChosenGsr said:
Why do you need to be on a list? There are 5 STi's avaliable for MSRP within driving distance of me right now, just sitting on the lots waitiing for someone to buy them. I'm in Tucson, AZ, and there are 3 in Albuquerque NM, 1 in Prescott AZ and 1 in Show Low AZ, all for MSRP. And the Tucson dealer is still trying to get 2k over MSRP for the one they have on the lot. I plan to buy mine in October or November, and don't really forsee any problem getting one, and I'm not on any list anwhere. I might have to put down a deposit and wait a few weeks if no dealer has one, but I'm guessing that won't be a problem.

the story seems to be alittle different on the east coast... time will tell by the time i am ready though

·
Registered
24 Posts
Brake Dust

ChosenGsr said:
cgroppi said:
ChosenGsr said:

the story seems to be alittle different on the east coast... time will tell by the time i am ready though
That's not what I've been hearing. All the reports of below MSRP prices on the NASIOC boards have been in the northeast. Van Bortel Subaru in Victor, NY (suburb of Rochester) is selling their STi's, and has always been selling them, for $400 over INVOICE. Maybe you just need to look outside of the big city areas to find one cheap.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sha_zapple said:
Hehe, the STi has only been out for a few months and were already talking about the next one!
Indeed. Buying a first year model has its drawbacks. If you look at the automobile defects database, first year models have the highest counts. The 2005 STi is only 9 months away.

·
Registered
8 Posts
kg said:
Sha_zapple said:
Hehe, the STi has only been out for a few months and were already talking about the next one!
Indeed. Buying a first year model has its drawbacks. If you look at the automobile defects database, first year models have the highest counts. The 2005 STi is only 9 months away.
true, and I will only be able to get one by end of this school year... graduating with a B.S. in computer science 8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts