IW STi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 sti and I am in the process of doing a TGV replacement. I am not doing a TGV delete since I live in CO and need to get emissions in order to register my car. The car already has IAG fuel rails and 1050 cc injectors, these were installed by the previous owner a few years ago I imagine .

I have the TGVs off my car already and am in the process of moving the injectors and fuel rails over to the new TGV housings. When I pulled off the injectors it looks like the injector sleeve is still stuck in the old TGV housing, see attached image labeled "InjectorSleeveStuck".

My question to you is, am I correct in my assumption that this is part of the injector and it should come out? I didn't want to start trying to push it out before knowing this should come out and is part of the injector. The injector doesnt fit in the new TGV housing as its missing this injector sleeve so I imagine I'm correct.

An additional question I have is, did they update the injectors sometime in the past few years to require an aftermarket IAG TGV housing? The reason I ask is because the injectors I have now have been attached to an OEM TGV housing, at least as far as I can tell when comparing them to the new OEM TGV. See attached images to judge for yourself. Everywhere I can find online, at least on the IAG website, states that their injectors and fuel rails require the aftermarket IAG TGV housing.

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes, the little "sleeves" are part of the injectors and should be taken out. You should be able to push them out.
I don't believe you need aftermarket TGV housings for injectors and rails, stock should work fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts