IW STi Forum banner
3101 - 3120 of 3137 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just have to say I am new here and new to Subarus and I applaud you for your dedication and documentation on your build and ownership process. I love that you're rocking the Xona turbo as well. They are sweeeeet!

My 2012 windshield is the exact same! It's horrible to drive when the sun hits it right and its sparkles like crazy!

Reactions: user1029

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,102 ·
Just have to say I am new here and new to Subarus and I applaud you for your dedication and documentation on your build and ownership process. I love that you're rocking the Xona turbo as well. They are sweeeeet!

My 2012 windshield is the exact same! It's horrible to drive when the sun hits it right and its sparkles like crazy!
Welcome!

The Xona UHF turbine is amazing. I went from a xona 62mm turbo to a xona 64mm turbo with the new UHF turbine.

No loss in spool and gained 85+ whp! My xona turbos have been rock solid in reliability since I’ve had them for the past 60k miles :)

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,103 ·

I noticed smoke underneath the hood and it seems some wire loom rubbed through and grounded the system. Fuses were fried :( I always carry around my Halotron exstinguisher and thankfully I had no engine fire! Such is life owning an old car

·
Registered
9,357 Posts

·
Registered
9,357 Posts

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,110 ·
car got delivered late so I just drove it around the neighborhood :) I’m glad it is still pretty quiet with the aftermarket valved exhaust. I have to break it in for 1000 miles :)

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,111 ·

how the car currently sits after all these years, hasn’t changed much exteriorly :)

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,115 ·
Thanks man! It is my 2019 WRX that I have 50,000 miles on haha I have full bolt ons making 405whp on E60. Plan was to keep the turbo stock to make the fastest spooling build by taking advantage of the stock twin scroll setup and 10:1 stock compression ratio of the direct injected motor :)

Cobb SF intake
FP Turbo inlet
BRZ intake manifold with 3" ETS FMIC
TGV upper and lower deleted (IBR BRZ IM adaptor)
EGR delete
Perrin IWG headers
Invidia catless J-pipe
Invidia 3" Q300 exhaust
Grimmspeed EBCS
Cobb AP

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks man! It is my 2019 WRX that I have 50,000 miles on haha I have full bolt ons making 405whp on E60. Plan was to keep the turbo stock to make the fastest spooling build by taking advantage of the stock twin scroll setup and 10:1 stock compression ratio of the direct injected motor :)

Cobb SF intake
FP Turbo inlet
BRZ intake manifold with 3" ETS FMIC
TGV upper and lower deleted (IBR BRZ IM adaptor)
EGR delete
Perrin IWG headers
Invidia catless J-pipe
Invidia 3" Q300 exhaust
Grimmspeed EBCS
Cobb AP
Cool. Stock block?

I have a 2021 STI and may do a similar thing (stock turbo for better spool). Enjoy that garage.

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,117 ·
Yup stock block but want to swap in a FA24DIT when it is possible in the future for more low end grunt :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I saw that you were able to get the Milltek catback for you car even though its discontinued in the U.S. Did you get the
WRX STi Type UK (2.5 Turbo) - 2008-2011 - SSXSB017_1 version from a UK website? I have an R400 and the drone is killing me.

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,119 ·
I saw that you were able to get the Milltek catback for you car even though its discontinued in the U.S. Did you get the
WRX STi Type UK (2.5 Turbo) - 2008-2011 - SSXSB017_1 version from a UK website? I have an R400 and the drone is killing me.
yup I think that is the one :)

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
3101 - 3120 of 3137 Posts