IW STi Forum banner
3081 - 3100 of 3137 Posts

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,081 ·
This is one of the things that I appreciate in reading your thread user…. These small little things that many folks do not normally think about when you run a highly modified, high horsepower set up like yours.
My plugs used to last 12k miles with 600whp lol

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,083 ·
After reading through the C8 RS6 forums I took back my deposit. There are several threads about electrical problems, turbos failing from clogged screens (big thread on the V8 4.0 TT engine), air suspension failing, and fuel pumps failing are scaring me away from the car. I want to do a Stage 2 on the RS6 which would invalidate the warranty and I would never want to lose the warranty on a 100k Audi. Given how complex the car is there are just more components that are prone to developing electrical gremlins. My STI has not had one electrical issue even with 175k miles on it and even if it does develop an issue, the parts are cheap to pay out of pocket.

I drove my girlfriends crosstrek yesterday with multiple passengers and I still love how Subarus drive in a downpour. Even with 150hp, the power felt sufficient. I just can’t see myself in a 5000lb Audi wagon. I’ll wait for the next turbo forester or outback with the FA24DIT engine lol

I may also just save up more and get a Porsche Panamera Cross Turisimo turbo S. Porsche reliability is up there with Lexus and my GT4 hasn’t had any weird electrical issues at 39k miles :)

Dropped the STI off for some work
1. Change plugs
2. Swap out ID2000 injectors (I have 2 sets that I cycle and refresh every 30k)
3. Rotors need to be resurfaced or replaced since I get some steering wheel shaking under braking
4. Swap out Russell Pro fuel lines for Fragola PTFE lines to eliminate fuel smell
5. Fix gas door that does not pop as well

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
After reading through the C8 RS6 forums I took back my deposit. There are several threads about electrical problems, turbos failing from clogged screens (big thread on the V8 4.0 TT engine), air suspension failing, and fuel pumps failing
Sounds like a typical N63 BMW V8. Those are pretty much all the common things on cars with that engine. Must be a V8 TT thing since it looks like audi is plauged with that trash too LoL.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
After reading through the C8 RS6 forums I took back my deposit. There are several threads about electrical problems, turbos failing from clogged screens (big thread on the V8 4.0 TT engine), air suspension failing, and fuel pumps failing are scaring me away from the car. I want to do a Stage 2 on the RS6 which would invalidate the warranty and I would never want to lose the warranty on a 100k Audi. Given how complex the car is there are just more components that are prone to developing electrical gremlins.
That's a big oooof.
Sounds like a typical N63 BMW V8. Those are pretty much all the common things on cars with that engine. Must be a V8 TT thing since it looks like audi is plauged with that trash too LoL.
Lexus' NA V8 in the IS500 looks better by the minute. :D

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,087 ·

Hmmmmm

Or swap the motor into my current GT4 which already has shortened gears and light wheel flywheel :) 9000rpms screaming behind your head and banging gears

·
Registered
9,357 Posts

·
Registered
9,357 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts

Shipping my car for the 4.5L conversion! Had to spice things up after 6 years of ownership!
4.5??
That bore and stroke both I would imagine?

Are they doing up the heads too?

Will it drop the 7800rpm ? Redline?
What's the power rating?
Will feel amazing to have a lot of tq in a small ish, light weight ish car.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,092 ·
Yup bore and stroke, about 500 whp and 400 wtq :) redline will be at 8k, the package comes with X51 head upgrade :) I already have shortened gears so the upgrade will be more potent

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,094 ·
Got the STI back after converting Russell Pro Series lines to Fragola PTFE lines to get rid of fuel smell :) it’s pretty crazy what pure E85 does after 50,000 miles. The Russell Pro Series lines are not compatible with E85 apparently so there were small leaks. Additionally the Orings to Radium Surge tank were corroded as well. I should have went with Fragola PTFE lines from the beginning because they are E85 compatible and will be replacing the O rings to the surge tank every 30k miles. You live and you learn :)

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,096 ·
I had the front windshield replaced for $300. 14 years worth of rock chips to a crystal clear windshield is like driving a brand new car :)

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I had the front windshield replaced for $300. 14 years worth of rock chips to a crystal clear windshield is like driving a brand new car :)
Hahaha yeah I bet it is. Its probably night and day differance! My windshield is so bad in the sunlight after 10 years that sometimes my passengers tell me to clean it, to their surprises its all rock chips LoL. I usually get the same response/reaction everytime, "holy Sh*t" 😄

3081 - 3100 of 3137 Posts