IW STi Forum banner

2981 - 3000 of 3005 Posts

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,982
Stock coil pack went out after 12 years 160k+ miles resulting in a code for cylinder 3 misfire. Time to get all 4 replaced :) The car sounds like it has UEL with 3 cylinders running

·
Registered
9,240 Posts

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,985
12 years of ownership as of thanksgiving next week, I could have never imagined the heights this car has achieved :)

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,986
My crank pulley is getting pretty old so I decided to replace it before it split apart lol I went with a Fluiddampr and I’m surprised I didn’t go with this pulley sooner. OEM, ATI, and fluiddampr are the only pulleys IAG recommends for their blocks. Fluiddampr weighs a little more than stock but the car actually feels faster and more responsive because it dampens out all the extraneous vibrations. The car idles much smoother, easier to start off in 1st, produces less clutch chatter, and engine sounds quieter with less vibration in the cabin. All this does contribute to less bearing wear in the future and even more beneficial for built motors. Highly recommended mod! Got it for $387 shipped from Thmotorsports :)

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
My crank pulley is getting pretty old so I decided to replace it before it split apart lol I went with a Fluiddampr and I’m surprised I didn’t go with this pulley sooner. OEM, ATI, and fluiddampr are the only pulleys IAG recommends for their blocks. Fluiddampr weighs a little more than stock but the car actually feels faster and more responsive because it dampens out all the extraneous vibrations. The car idles much smoother, easier to start off in 1st, produces less clutch chatter, and engine sounds quieter with less vibration in the cabin. All this does contribute to less bearing wear in the future and even more beneficial for built motors. Highly recommended mod! Got it for $387 shipped from Thmotorsports :)
I’ve been wanting to do this for a while. I never really enjoyed the lightweight pulley. Did you reinstall the same belts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,990
There is a lot less low speed bucking even with built motor and cams with the Fluiddampr, I’m very impressed :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have been considering getting rid of my lightweight under drive pulley kit for a while, you have convinced me to order one with this review! Any improvements in drivability and reduction in engine wear are always welcome!

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,992
Going to try to get an allocation on a 992 GT3 :) I’m keeping the GT4 and STI forever hehe

·
Registered
9,240 Posts

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,995
Threw an EVAP code from fuel cap being lose. Looks like it wasn't sealing as well anymore and ordered a new gas cap. Going on 13 years of ownership from early exciting mods to replacing mundane OEM things now :)

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,996
5000 miles with 800whp and >40psi LOL who knows how long it'll last :)

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,997
Even after all these years there is nothing like the rush of a high powered STI putting that power down into every wheel with the symmetrical AWD system :)

2981 - 3000 of 3005 Posts