IW STi Forum banner

2921 - 2940 of 2945 Posts

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,922
very loud lollll the 6puck torque rating was 720 and triple disc is 800 :)

it’s really a tossing up between smooth engagement and lighter pedal and lots of noise vs. rougher engagement, stiffer pedal, but no noise

·
Registered
27 Posts
Are you going to get the new ets equal length header for your new set up? When they released it they were advertising this on there site, now it is a review thou.

Preliminary Data Results - 2013 STi (aka: Mysti)
I had an unexpected request come from PRE Racing in Portland Oregon. They were asked to test these new ETS Headers on my Stage 4 IAG closed deck engine running the ETS Rotated turbo kit w/ a Precision 6266. Trust me, Killer B makes a great header and allowed us to push 35psi to 742whp & 590wtq.
These ETS headers shined by adding 65wtq at 30psi and averaging about a 10whp gain through the whole rpm range. These headers spooled the 6266 at 4,200rpms (About 400-600rpms lower) and now having me questioning bigger injectors and more fuel supply. I am highly impressed with the results and feel like 800whp is achievable with more fuel.
Keep in mind, results will vary, as My-STi has very specific modifications made to accommodate air flow, as well running E85 with a flex fuel kit.”

·
Registered
9,188 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
yeah its a nice looking header for sure. i have the newer small tube perrin headers for my 20g setup and kind of considering upgrading for my new build. i went back and looked at the reviews again, that guys final numbers came in at 40whp and 36 wtq gain over the killerb.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
yeah its a nice looking header for sure. i have the newer small tube perrin headers for my 20g setup and kind of considering upgrading for my new build. i went back and looked at the reviews again, that guys final numbers came in at 40whp and 36 wtq gain over the killerb.
40/36 gain can easily be accounted for by many other factors though. Are they saying all atmospheric conditions were the same? More agressive tuner? Etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
40/36 gain can easily be accounted for by many other factors though. Are they saying all atmospheric conditions were the same? More agressive tuner? Etc
well for his first test with 65wtq and 10whp gain he claimed 5lbs less boost. on his final numbers from his review (see below) he may have went with higher boost due to the wastegate spring change, or maybe its just making more power? i dont know. but assuming its an honest review, it appears all factors are the same.

"After swapping some wastegate springs, and upgrading the boost controller, the final numbers are in. And, WOW! Nice Gains....
782whp / 626 wtq
40hp & 36tq gained at the wheels compared to the previous ELH.
Thank you ETS for letting us do this on Mysti! You guys are awesome."

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
well for his first test with 65wtq and 10whp gain he claimed 5lbs less boost. on his final numbers from his review (see below) he may have went with higher boost due to the wastegate spring change, or maybe its just making more power? i dont know. but assuming its an honest review, it appears all factors are the same.

"After swapping some wastegate springs, and upgrading the boost controller, the final numbers are in. And, WOW! Nice Gains....
782whp / 626 wtq
40hp & 36tq gained at the wheels compared to the previous ELH.
Thank you ETS for letting us do this on Mysti! You guys are awesome."
Springs and boost controller can certainly make a big difference. I wouldn’t want to assume though. Temperature and Humidity play a huge factor in the tuning results. The gains can just be the difference of tuning in the hot summer weeks vs late summer/fall weeks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Springs and boost controller can certainly make a big difference. I wouldn’t want to assume though. Temperature and Humidity play a huge factor in the tuning results. The gains can just be the difference of tuning in the hot summer weeks vs late summer/fall weeks.

True, but let’s not forget that ets would have wanted a fair comparison for high hp testing vs the other brands headers. Not sure why they would drop the boost 5 lbs for the 65wtq test, but I think it’s fair to assume a back to back dynos. ETS did market these headers when first released (implying pre production testing) with his statements even if it was for only a short while. His final numbers for the 40/36 run could be due from production headers, additional tuning in different conditions like you said, and potentially unrelated wastegate/boost controller maintenance. only one way to find out thou and that’s talk to ets.

·
Registered
9,188 Posts

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,931
I’m adding a 66mm precision turbo wastegate to the exhaust and running it off turbo compressor psi to drop exhaust back pressure, dyno results soon :)

Lots of squealing when I turn steering wheel in the morning, I think my power steering pump going bad. Another part to replace on a 12 year old car :(

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I’m adding a 66mm precision turbo wastegate to the exhaust and running it off turbo compressor psi to drop exhaust back pressure, dyno results soon :)

Lots of squealing when I turn steering wheel in the morning, I think my power steering pump going bad. Another part to replace on a 12 year old car :(
Could just be air from the last service? Maybe get it flushed first, belts checked, and unfortunately, get the rack checked too. The 2015 racks we have are just as prone to the same failure as our old racks.

·
Registered
9,188 Posts

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,935
Could just be air from the last service? Maybe get it flushed first, belts checked, and unfortunately, get the rack checked too. The 2015 racks we have are just as prone to the same failure as our old racks.

The belt was overtightened, they fixed the tension on it and no more cold start squeals :)

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I love that this car continues to produce more and more power as time goes on. Its pretty crazy that out of all the set ups and engines you've had, none have actually failed due to user error or anything like that. They all have made it to over 40K pretty much and at rediculous power levels on a daily basis. I think the last engine was just crap luck lol.

So have you upgraded the trans yet? Or are you still on stock sti trans and rear diff?

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,937
Yeah there is literally a breaking point in reliability with more and more power haha nothing like an 800whp torture test for the IAG block, lets see how many miles I get!

Still on stock trans, diff, and even axles :) I don’t launch the car and I don’t run aggressively sticky tires so not all the brunt of 600wtq gets transferred into the car

·
Premium Member
5,532 Posts
Got the 66mm wastegate welded into exhaust to drop back pressure, crazy gains :)
That humongous! Where was it previously ? In the exhaust pipe? ")

Reactions: user1029

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,940

I never had a wastegate in the exhaust system I was a running a full 3” quiet exhaust that was causing lots of back pressure at my power levels. So I had the shop weld in a 66mm wastegate onto the downpipe and run it off of boost pressure :)

2921 - 2940 of 2945 Posts