IW STi Forum banner

221 - 229 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would suggest competition AOS on ANY setup. You have more boost and higher risk of blowby with bigger turbos so I rather eliminate even the slightest risk of blowby with the competition setup. Even if you are on E85 - sure you have to change the oil more often but compared to blowby that is the lesser of 2 evils.
thank you very much, for help!

I'm from russia and use 98 octane
93 USA octane = 98 russian octane

·
Registered
140 Posts
Image Link

Image Link

Image Link

Look like I can't get the wrench on there until I remove the top vent piping. As soon as I find the right size allen wrench I'll get back to you guys. Hopefully tightening it is all it needs.

UPDATE: I got the top piping off and tried to tighten it, but I don't seem to have a wrench that fits in there without it getting stuck against the AOS in some manner or another. Is there a way to remove the cooling section from the AOS so I have enough clearance to tighten that?

Also, I noticed I was able to spin the clamp around the hose, so maybe it's not leaking where it screws in and the clamp either isn't tight enough or is broken around that area. I'm not a mechanic by any means, so I'm just throwing things out there at this point.
did you end up finding a fix?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just wrapped up the install on my IAG Comp AOS and was wondering if anyone else's sit against the firewall/cowling? Anything wrong with it touching (coolant lines heat melting things)? Also, I found the installation instructions to be missing a bunch of tips that can help the rookie installer. Anyone think there's anyone at IAG who'd like to see the potential notes?

·
Premium Member
5,419 Posts
Should be. I would - but I wouldn't let metal to metal contact stand on any part that aren't firmly fastened together. They will move, make noise and wear. Not gong to suggest how to fix it on a GR, but the agR was the current STI when they were designed.

Coolant lines aren't going to melt anything. Plenty of far far hotter parts under the hood.

where is lowest price for iag AOS ?

It's an IAG product. You're not likely to have a local distributor! Right? Buy it from IAG. Most of us do that anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the street series AOS for my 2013 WRX based on this thread and others like it. I finished the install last weekend and I am very happy with the end result. The product itself feels very well built.

I have a few minor complaints about the instructions for 2008-2014 WRX/2005-2009 Legacy GT Street Series AOS.

- For a 2013 WRX, you need to purchase the older PCV hose due to a wiring harness interference, Subaru OEM 99071AD140. It would have been nice to know that before starting since my dealer had to order the part.
- Bending the brake lines out of the way didn't work out too well for me. I ended up buying standoffs and longer hex head cap screws. Otherwise the heated AOS would have been pressing on my brake lines.

If anyone is interested, I added more detail to the instructions for a 2013 WRX and other pictures and notes from my install here:

IAG-SS-AOS-08-14-WRX-7151-v01- dan5505 notes 2013 WRX.pdf - DocDroid

IAG support was very helpful with sorting out the air pump wiring harness interference when I contacted them on a Saturday.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is a very high quality product from what I can see on the outside and I believe it will work great once installed properly. I attempted to install yesterday and couldn't get the clap around the hard coolant line hose, leading to a coolant leak. I also couldn't get the intercooler to fit properly around the turbo. Much respect to all of you guys who complete this install without failure. Currently waiting for Mach V to open to send the car there for a reinstall, front mount intercooler, intake and tune.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a very high quality product from what I can see on the outside and I believe it will work great once installed properly. I attempted to install yesterday and couldn't get the clap around the hard coolant line hose, leading to a coolant leak. I also couldn't get the intercooler to fit properly around the turbo. Much respect to all of you guys who complete this install without failure. Currently waiting for Mach V to open to send the car there for a reinstall, front mount intercooler, intake and tune.
I had some trouble with the coolant clamp that attaches to the expansion chamber too. Instead of putting the hose over the fitting and sliding the clamp over, try positioning the clamp on the hose in its final position then slide the whole thing over the fitting. I was able to install it this way with a good pair of pliers, some oil, and a lot of wiggling and pushing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know how to disassemble the street series AOS to clean it out? Is it even necessary? I bought an STi with one installed and I believe its been on there for a least 4 years. I would like to take it apart and clean. Any advice / suggestions?

221 - 229 of 229 Posts