IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I converted all the breather ports on my crank case (the two ports on top of the block) and valve covers to AN fittings to help mitigate oil seepage and vapors from dirtying the block, and to create a leak proof seal.

Now, I have an IAG street series AOS which routes the two drain hoses (biggest hose and the bottom-most hose) into the one bigger port on top of the engine via a plastic union adapter. Since I have converted to a single -12AN fitting I can only route one drain hose there, leaving the second drain hose without a place to attach.

My question is whether I can route the second smaller drain hose from the AOS directly to the second smaller breather port on top of the block, and just bridge the connection between the driver and passenger side ports to each other? Will oil and moisture just accumulate in the hose?

Right now the stock system T's off between each valve cover and drains into the center port, where I want to route the second drain hose from the AOS. I don't really know if deleting that "T" section will cause harm.

I can take pictures tomorrow but if someone can picture my dilemma and share their thoughts, it would be great!

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Will be fine. A lot of systems were like that many years ago without issue. If you are pushing a lot of blow-by, it could be a restriction, but it would need to be a lot.

Assuming you are swapping out the lines too? Those are often the biggest culprit to weeping; cheap lines.

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will be fine. A lot of systems were like that many years ago without issue. If you are pushing a lot of blow-by, it could be a restriction, but it would need to be a lot.

Assuming you are swapping out the lines too? Those are often the biggest culprit to weeping; cheap lines.

I was planning on just re-utilizing the stock hard metal pipe that the stock system uses and just crimping the new custom hoses to that pipe, and then each end attached to a -8AN fitting on the valve cover. But if you're saying I can just connect one valve cover to the other with just a single AN hose, then that'd be much simpler and cleaner. Would never leak too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts