IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NX57

I wish I had a solution for ya man. My installer said there's no way to get 5.25's into those rear doors... I had to go with 4-inch speakers back there :-(. I guess you could always custom mount them in the rear deck though!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ugh. please delete this topic.

I'm pretty sure I hit 'Post Reply'.. however I was not logged in at the time.. I went ahead and put in my username and password and it took me directly to the compose window so I finished it up and here it is as a new topic, hehe.

·
Registered
270 Posts
avatar change request sent to jerseySTi

i got 5 1/4's in my rear doors components even! they had to cut my dorrs just a bit but they fit and the windows go down w/o hitting. so it can be done.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Ya your installer is wrong. I just put a set of 5.25" in the rear doors this weekend with no cutting (PPI 52.1's with a 4.6" cutout). All I did was drill 4 holes, get some 3/4" self-tapping screws and I got some beveled rubber washers with an O/D of 1/2" and probably about 1/4" thick. That was the speaker sits up off the stock hole a little bit and allows you to avoid trimming. I have no vibration or clearance issues in the rear whatsoever, best hour I've spent working on a car in a long time.

·
Registered
270 Posts
wish i could say that evoklr, it took 2 guys 8 hours to install Diamond M661 components in front and Diamond M351 components in the rear door, they "had" to cut all four doors but i had them put in dynamat and i have absolutley no vibration whatsoever. they also put a diamond 4 channel amp in the trunk and a clarion head unit in. they said "Subaru build quality vehicles because it is a bTch to take them apart" they also said it was there First STi so they didn't know exactley what to expect once they got the doors off.

·
Banned
596 Posts
APS Exhaust correction

4.62" is about the cutout diameter cut off point. Over that then cutting of the rear door metal is needed. This is with use of our adapters, when bypassing them the hole is right around 4.55". Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts