IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ATT as my carrier and my Nokia 6160 is too big and boring for me anymore. I want ringtones! I want graphics capabilities! I want customization capabilities! I want it all!! :D :D

So what do you guys think, Nokia 8260, 8265, 5165, or Motorola v60?

What phones do you guys have??

·
Registered
866 Posts
I have the re-skinned Motorola i1000plus with Nextel service (company phone). It's one tough little phone. I've drop kicked it, tossed it, stomped on it, etc and it's stilll doing great (just not looking it). The LCD finally met it's match (concrete wall). Phone still worked but I couldn't see anything. I was able to swap the LCD from my old i1000 and now it's cool, although I now have one permanent knew message and I can't receive text messages.

This is my third Motorola phone, strated with a i500plus, which also took a beating, then the i1000 (I was less abrasive with this phone), and of course the i1000plus. I have been pleased with the performance and durability of these phones. I don't have any personal experience with any other phones so I can't comment on them. My next phone will probably be another Motorola.

·
Registered
20 Posts
the 8260 is the cingular one. Cingular is good but this phone sux. It is like the only phone they don't make a data cable for, don't ask me i don't know why. Custom cables cost around 100 smacks etc. No data cable means u can't download ringtones or graphics across the screen. U can only get ringtones thru text messages thru ur phone and there aren't many , u have to pay for them etc etc. :x I have this phone it is cingulars top of the line i think. I don't understand why the cheaper ones u can do more with. The only thing u can do to this phone is customize the case, battery, and leds from a site like http://www.lc-led.com/features/nokiacellphone.html

Other than that is an ok phone but ive seen much better. Japan etc are about 2 years ahead of us on phones theirs are sweet. But anyway my two cents .

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I don't know how Cingular is in Delaware, but here in Chicago the service SUX!!! I just dumped them after 7 years. I could never get a good signal. Was always getting dropped. I never really had any problems with the Nokia phones they had, but the service was just terrible. I just switched to Verizon and man what a difference. The only place I can not get a signal with them is on the shitter at work. Otherwise it works everywhere I have taken it and it usually has 100% signal strength. I took it with me to Vegas and it worked great there too. BTW, I have the Motorola V60 phone which is pretty cool too, nice and small.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Cause at first it worked great. Within the last couple years is when the service went down the toilet. At first I just thought it was normal cell phone problems that everyone has until I started asking people about their service. Also since I had the phone number for so long and everyone I know, knows it, and the number is even on my business cards, I wanted to try a few things hoping it would help. Like getting a new phone and talking with customer service where they opened up a ticket to have someone look into it. Nothing helped so I jumped ship. I wish I did it sooner.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
305STi said:
You should get a razor :)
I highly advise against the Razr. While it may look cool, it just doesn't feel right. It's uncomfortable in your hand and against your head. Plus the battery runs out in like 13 minutes.. :tdown:

Wait for that new Motorola that has the 3 megapixel camera.

·
S204 Racer
2,832 Posts
Whitford said:
I highly advise against the Razr. While it may look cool, it just doesn't feel right. It's uncomfortable in your hand and against your head. Plus the battery runs out in like 13 minutes.
It feels just fine in my hand, and against my head, it's just a different feel. My battery lasts just fine, then again, I'm not 16, I don't like extended conversations on the phone, and prefer to use a land-line whenever possible. In reality, ALL cell-phones suck compared to land-lines, and you can trust me on that, I used to work for SBC.

·
Super Moderator
8,810 Posts
Whitford said:
OMG I just realized the OP of this thread was JJ!!! :rofl:

A cookie goes to the n00b who can tell me who that was.
Site founder, but I guess I'm not too much of a noob (even though I wasn't here when he was). And it seems that guy hasn't logged in here since he sold it.

·
Super Moderator
8,810 Posts
Lol, and I just read JJ's post. The 6160 is one old school phone, lol (of course this thread was back in 2002).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts