IW STi Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
10.2.06 Oceanside CA: I-Speed USA set a new WHP record using the stock Subaru ECU.

With the new Crawford S5 long block installed, a few gallons of Torco116, and the go-a-head signal from an enthusiastic customer, William Knose set forth to see how much power he could squeeze out of an OEM Subaru ECU. It did not take long to realize that the Crawford motor and Garrett turbo combination was going to make jaw dropping power.

"The entire set-up performed with incredible precision and balance. It’s crazy how fast the power comes on and rips all the way to 8000 RPM!" – William Knose, I-Speed USA tuner.

A few hours of fine tuning were made before the final pass on the dyno. That final pass recorded not only one but TWO new records, including the highest wheel horsepower and wheel torque using a stock Subaru ECU. Everyone was absolutely stunned at the power not just because of the fine tuning, but the superb feats of engineering from Subaru to even build such an ECU.

One thing is for certain, I wouldn’t want to be the unfortunate car that decides to roll up on this daily driven vehicle.

***We would love to share more info about the car and the customer, but he wants it to be a surprise for everyone.

Crawford STi vs. Stock STi (Wheel Horsepower)

Wheel Horsepower vs. Wheel Torque

Crawford STi vs. Stock STi (Flywheel Horsepower)

Engine Performance List:
Crawford Performance S5 (2.65 Liter) Short Block
Crawford Performance Billet Stroker Crank
Crawford Performance CP35R Turbo Kit (Garrett 35R 1.06 housing)
Crawford Performance GT35R Turbo Mounting Bracket
Crawford Performance Cold Air Intake
Crawford Performance Up Pipe with Flex Joint
Crawford Performance Down Pipe with Flex Joint
Crawford Performance Air/Oil Separator
Crawford Performance Exhaust System
Crawford Performance Match Ported TGV Deletes
Crawford Performance Race Ported Heads
Crawford Performance Match Ported Headers
Crawford Performance Intake Pipes Jet-Hot Coated
Crawford Performance Exhaust Pipes Jet-Hot Coated
Crawford Performance Oil Cooler Kit
Crawford Performance High Flow Water Pump
Air Power Systems DR725 Front Mount Intercooler
Stock Boost Controller and Stock Fuel Rail System
720cc Injectors and Walbro Fuel Pump
Tial 44mm Wastegate
Koyo Radiator
I-Speed USA ECU programming

Sponsored Parts:
Torco Race Fuels
NGK Spark Plugs
Motul Engine Fluids

Team I-Speed USA

·
Registered
403 Posts
hold on, hold on....Crawford new stock ECU record??? What are you insane?!?!? There's no possible way your making 631whp on your dyno while using the stock fuel rails and 720cc injectors. To run anywhere near the 600whp mark you need an upgraded fuel system (regulator, lines, and pump). So, your telling us that our stock fuel system with upgraded injectors only, is capable of 600whp??? You must be joking!!!

OK, what happened when you and I-speed brought your famed street attack car to automaster's for tuning? You were running your R4 block with a GT35R at 30psi of boost, and you only made 350whp on their dyno. You stated that same car made 600whp on your dyno all day. Do I detect a little jealousy on your part, I mean Automaster dropped you as your largest east coast distributor, and now your trying to make claims to break their stock ECU record.....I smell BS!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
2FastCars said:
hold on, hold on....Crawford new stock ECU record??? What are you insane?!?!? There's no possible way your making 631whp on your dyno while using the stock fuel rails and 720cc injectors. To run anywhere near the 600whp mark you need an upgraded fuel system (regulator, lines, and pump). So, your telling us that our stock fuel system with upgraded injectors only, is capable of 600whp??? You must be joking!!!

OK, what happened when you and I-speed brought your famed street attack car to automaster's for tuning? You were running your R4 block with a GT35R at 30psi of boost, and you only made 350whp on their dyno. You stated that same car made 600whp on your dyno all day. Do I detect a little jealousy on your part, I mean Automaster dropped you as your largest east coast distributor, and now your trying to make claims to break their stock ECU record.....I smell BS!!

Couldn't have said it any better myself...

·
Registered
473 Posts
If it looks like s**t and smell like s**t it must be s**t!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
693 Posts
Could you tell us how the MAF is setup (blow-through) or pre-turbo. Also the diameter of MAF housing.

Thank you and congrats on making a high power Impreza.

·
Premium Member
14,740 Posts
Oh jezz here we go again with the Miracle numbers.....Plus how the hell would you make that power, with the stock fuel system, sorry the Walbro fuel pump only? I would like to see this car daily driven for a month and see how long it is before something goes boom. And honestly, I hate seeing numbers posted with race fuel or whatever.....I want to see PUMP gas results....like everyone else here who drives their car everyday. I doubt people drive their cars on Toroco116 everyday of the week, every year.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
Put it on another shops dyno to prove it before you make that claim. STOCK boost controller, STOCK fuel rails, 720cc injectors and Walbro pump? Come on...

Please stop insulting our intelligence!

·
Registered
262 Posts
2FastCars said:

I was there for that run on the dyno. Crawford/I-Speed spent and entire day on the dyno and all they could push out was 360whp @ 30psi and they said on there dyno easy 600whp Kit. :lol:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Nasioc post Originally Posted by BigValley;
It's unfortunate see threads like this turning into a war and a personal battle between a comunity and vendors. Any vendor can post anything and its up to anybody beleive it or not. Talking now about my team, we always since the beginning of the project used crawfords products without any sponsor agreement and had always good results. I don't know where it came that we blew 6 engines. YES we had a problem with a head gasket in numidia but when you push an engine to the limits, things like this can happen and we are not going to be the first or the last ones to have a problem with a head gasket or even an entire engine. I want to add that when we first hit 700 whp we were using 850cc PE injectors, Crawford r3 engine and we ran a 9.67 @ 145 mph. Who would ever thought that an AWD car would be able to run 7 sec at over 180 mph ?. It's the same thing, i can't say that is impossible to achieve what they (Crawford Performance) did.

Victor

Victor, thank you for putting these wild accusations to rest.

It’s common knowledge to the tuners in PR that 720cc injectors will support the power levels we are stating. Maybe that’s because they share the same philosophy as us “if it’s not broken, don’t fix it”. As a company we could make more money by selling our customers useless upgrades in the hopes that their car could make more power, but that’s not our goal. Our goal is to win races and supply products to customers that are race proven to do the job as advertised. This is what drives us to work six plus days a week / 10 to 14 hour’s each day. We are proud of our achievements and quite sad that part of the online Subaru community we work for are so hostile towards us.

But hey, we love what we do and we will continue to do so for as long as Subaru provides us with these great vehicles to play with.

So, how about the power under the curve

www.i-speed.us
www.crawfordperformance.com

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
I'm sorry, but someone did some MAJOR damage control with Victor and the BV team. I know for a fact (because I was there and heard it myself!) that everything he said wasnt true. I am not going to say exactly what, but I know the Crawford guys know aswell as the BV guys.

If Crawford wants to support their claims. Put the car on a dyno at another shop where members here have obtained REALISTIC numbers.

It is just all too much of a coincidence that your ex- biggest east coast distributer dumps Crawford who just happenend to have that record.
Now, I am in no way for Automaster, I have never been there, have nothing to do with them.

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
9,936 Posts
Crawford/I-Speed said:
Quote:
It’s common knowledge to the tuners in PR that 720cc injectors will support the power levels we are stating. Maybe that’s because they share the same philosophy as us “if it’s not broken, don’t fix it”. As a company we could make more money by selling our customers useless upgrades in the hopes that their car could make more power, but that’s not our goal. Our goal is to win races and supply products to customers that are race proven to do the job as advertised. This is what drives us to work six plus days a week / 10 to 14 hour’s each day. We are proud of our achievements and quite sad that part of the online Subaru community we work for are so hostile towards us.

But hey, we love what we do and we will continue to do so for as long as Subaru provides us with these great vehicles to play with.

So, how about the power under the curve

www.i-speed.us
www.crawfordperformance.com
720cc injectors may support it, but the rest of the stock fuel system + wlabro pump won't. And it doesn't sound like what Victor is saying isn't holding real well either. This a direct quote of what Al from dyno flash said on nasioc.

AL said:
Victor - kindest regards my old friend. Did you hear I was driving a STI again ?

Anyway, Victor, these rumors that you were going to drop Crawford and now use Turbo Trixs as your engine builder have been going around the NY area for some time and this past weekend at the NHRA race, it seems that everyone was talking about it - even your friends from Puerto Rico where there saying the same thing. I heard at least 15 people discuss this at the NHRA race and they said that in fact your car is at Turbo Trixs right now getting the Turbo Trixs motor. Its easy for false rumors to spread and its abvioulsy not true based upon what we are now hearing from you directly.

As for you guys making 700 whp with 850 injectors - you also had twin bosch 44 motorsport fuel pumps and upgrade fuel lines and nitrous. IF IT TOOK all of that for you to make 700 whp - then it makes Crawford's claims even more ridiculous.

here's the thread on nasioc for those who are interested http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1106031&page=5

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
Might have to drive down to Turbo Trix and have a sticky beak. :D
Only 30 mins away.

·
Registered
31 Posts
eatV8 said:
I'm sorry, but someone did some MAJOR damage control with Victor and the BV team. I know for a fact (because I was there and heard it myself!) that everything he said wasnt true. I am not going to say exactly what, but I know the Crawford guys know aswell as the BV guys.

If Crawford wants to support their claims. Put the car on a dyno at another shop where members here have obtained REALISTIC numbers.

It is just all too much of a coincidence that your ex- biggest east coast distributer dumps Crawford who just happenend to have that record.
Now, I am in no way for Automaster, I have never been there, have nothing to do with them.

WOW!!!

Anyone can post something they heard from another person and that starts a flamewar!!!

Might as well post anything you have cuz if you wait till any of the parts talk, don't hold your breath.

If not, stop the hating!

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.